Where are you going??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you going??

Read something like this in a book about alcholism today and it struck a chord with me.

"Whilst many of us have not reached the horrible last stages of chronic alcholism, we
    can see that we could.
    If you get on a bus bound for a town thousands of miles away that is where you'll wind up unless you get off and move in another direction"
    Worth thinking about
    Best wishes all
    New (day3)

Where are you going??

Love that analogy NB..Might have to print that one. Won't be able to even think about alcohol without seeing the bus. Of course, my mind will also go to "how much longer can I stay on this bus and not get to that dreadful end" Pretty sad.

Comment

Where are you going??

don't know my way yet.

i jumped off the bus just in time! A total emotional wreck took me shortly after. Today marks 190 days of spirtual healing within, my destiny is to continue searching who i am. I never realised how many flaws i had...its okay. we all have them. :thanks:

Comment

Where are you going??

Wow!! Congrats Ripple!! That's such a brillant achievment!!

When they say 'Life's the journey, not the destination.' I get abit stuck as I suffer from travel sickness. lol. Laughing aside, it's true - this journey bit is confusing the hell out of me! I have my 'spiritual' moments, but then get too bogged down with questions?!?!

As you say Myra - I haven't hit rock bottom and keep trying to persuade myself in my weaker moments that I'm really not in that bad a state. I don't want to hit rock bottom, as I'm scared about how ugly the whole thing would be. "maybe if I just hold on until the next stop?" No, No, No.......... Get Off The Bloody Bus NOW!!!!

Take care
        xxx
        The mind is in its own place, and in itself
        Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Working...
        X