Today's Thought - Saturday, I mean Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noelle's computer is still on the fritz. But she pays me, so here 'tiz.

Today's thought is:

Pray to God but row to shore.
    --Proverb

As each of us gets in touch with the specific ways to serve, it is tempting to judge the importance of our work by comparing it to someone else's achievements. And when that person or group earns more money, receives more praise and recognition, or influences more people, our efforts may feel diminished in stature.

But the truth of the matter is that the spiritual path is not a "numbers game." Ways of serving cannot be compared to one another. In spirit's eyes, each mission is just as important as the next. All assignments are equal.

A director of a school for emotionally handicapped children says about her work, "My job is to serve with joy and to let spirit work through me. It is up to God, not me, to determine how many kids I actually reach. Ultimately, the numbers are not important; for if only one soul's life has been changed through this work, it has been worth it."

Like this woman, your job is to discover what your purpose is - and then fulfill it. It does not matter how small your contribution may seem. You have a special part to play that no one else can duplicate. In God's eyes, all assignments are equal.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

I could not agree with this more.

Tell Noelle I say Hi!!!!

Comment

Thanks Greens! :h My old computer is just too old. AND frustrating. It won't work like it's supposed to. I'm still sick and now my cat is too. I'm totally freaked out about this, although not to the drinking aspect. If he dies, I can't guarantee anything except to say I'll try....... :upset: Hi Croft!

PS - I'm on my husband's computer now.....
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Greeny don't you know what day it is? Not something you'd ever catch me mixing up....!! :H:H:H:H

Comment

thank you for sharing greeneyes.
          and noelie hope you and your cat gets better soon
          peae and god bless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
          X