5 questions you want answered!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm probably in total violation of copyright laws by copying and pasting this interview below but it was this interview and watching George Carlin's latest HBO special last night on google that prompted me to ask this question of you all. I've limited it to 5 questions so as to make you think hard about what you want answered. They can be as small or as large as you want, they can be political, spritual,.......... whatever! But you can only have 5 so think hard. Of course we would all like to know the answer to the meaning of life and I personally would love to know who was behind the Kennedy Assassination and many other conspiracy theories out there. But! with only 5 questions I will have to think a bit harder before I give you mine.

Get thinking people!!! and I'll look forward to your replies in the future.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Hippie,

This is a tough one. I agree. I will have to ponder.

Remember to bump this up as it goes down so that it doesn't get lost.

I am going to think long and hard. I have no idea why, because they won't be answered anyway...

Love,
    Cindi
    XXXV
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

However, Hippie, a man who lived long ago said, and this is paraphrasing..

"Just because you know the question can never be answered doesn't mean the question isn't worth asking."

Socrates
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I am going to have to think about this long and hard too.
        Goal 1: Today
        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

cindi;313113 wrote: Hippie,

This is a tough one. I agree. I will have to ponder.

Remember to bump this up as it goes down so that it doesn't get lost.

I am going to think long and hard. I have no idea why, because they won't be answered anyway...

Love,
          Cindi
          XXXV
          I agree Cindi and this is only hypothetical at the end of the day. I think most of my questions would tend to more orientated around the impact major political decisions that somehow have really altered our environments both socially and spiritually. I learned in my teens to start questioning things around me and so you would think this would be easy for me to reel 5 off but it is difficult to know which 5 are the most important ones I want answered. It's 1.00am here so I will probably think about this one overnight and post tomorrow evening after I get back from seeing my daughter.

Until then...

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Five Questions need answered !
            (1) Why am I in this perdicament ?
            (2) How can I get out of it ?
            (3) How can I stay out of it ?
            (4) Why did I get into it in the first place?
            (5) How can I help others not get into it?
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hippie.. I just love this.. I actually wrote about this in my journal today.. absolutely wonderful!

"we are not human beings on a spiritual journey we are spiritual beings on a human journey"

5 questions, eh?

well..

1. why do they put Braille on the drive-through bank machines?
              2. where do the people come from that are walking on the side of the road in the middle of the desert?
              3. why does the label on children’s Tylenol tell you not to operate heavy machinery or vehicles?
              4. how do blind people know when to stop wiping their butts?
              5. If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
              6.whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "S" in it?
              Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

1. Are we alone in the Universe or are their more intelligent lifeforms in existence?
                2. Is there life after death? be that physical or of consciousness
                3. How did the universe come into existence? (This one has more to do with Religion than anything and I'll refrain from expanding on it, as I was going to, and leave that for the other forum on this web-site.....Evil Bible Home Page where I frequent from time to time!!lol. (well I had to get my disdain for religious fundamentalists in somehow!!)lol
                4. Is there a cure for cancer?
                There are a lot of conspiracy theories that hold a lot of weight in my eyes and I think the research on cancer drugs is a lot more advanced than we are lead to believe. We are kept in the dark about a lot of things and this is just one of them. Ozone depletion, aliens, vaccinations, chemtrails, 9/11 etc etc All things we have been kept in the dark about; for the greater good of course!!
                5. What would my life be like if I had made all the opposite choices to the ones I've made?

Comment

Since I can't think of any questions right now, I would like to put my spin on things and answer a few of the question.
                  MM-
                  #1- Because they are far sighted???
                  #2- If you're driving, you should probably pick them up and find out.
                  #3- Since I am a single mom (we tend to neglect ourselves), I don't think I have any adult medicine in my house and actually take children's Tylenol.
                  #4 - They sniff it????
                  #5 - You have failed, so I guess you have really met your goal????
                  #6 - Some assthhole

Comment

Hippie
                    #1 - I think it would be egocentric to believe we are alone.
                    #2 - Ummm! I'll have to get back to you on that, seeing that I am still alive and all.
                    #3 - Maybe it has always existed. Because human life as we know it is so minute, we tend to think narrowly because all we know is a beginning and an end, but some things just are.
                    #4 - There are advances in technology they do not tell us. A student of mine just told me they found a cure for colon cancer. Ok, this only works for colon cancer? Why would that be?
                    #5 - If you did the complete opposite? The same; you just did a 360degree change which leads you in a circle.

Comment

IAD,
                      #1 - Because it is a part of learning about yourself. Some people have it easier to enlightenment; some of us have to struggle. But that does not mean you are not worth the rewards of life and love.
                      #2 - Keep coming here and sharing. Dig deep in your soul for who you are and who you want to be.
                      #3 - See #2
                      #4 - See #1
                      #5 - See #2 and add- Share your hope, struggles, and heart with others.

Comment

WOW ! ( Heppie )
                        First of all.....I don't think that we just happened upon this mass of ground by happenstace ! Something mystical had to have happened for us to be here ! Do you think that life is so ramdom to just show up out of knowwhere ! LIFE IS HERE FOR A PURPOSE ! LOL ! IAD.....
                        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't know what it is about being sober, but I am out of control!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry, I have to say this.....................Skip this post if you do not like stupid, bad talk.............................................

If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I want to come back as a cat, so I can lick myself all day long.

Comment

1. Are we a result of our bringing (environment) or genetics?
                            2. Is there an "after life" for animals?
                            3. What does it "feel" like when your dieing?
                            4. What does it "feel" like the moment after death?
                            5. What did it feel like the moment we were born and why can't we remember?

I know I'm weird. I liked MM's questions
                            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                            X