this is who i am at 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes today i woke up feeling really good . i had to go to work but no problem.
    trying to finish as much as i can on her sisters house .
    yeah it has taken alot longer then i thought.
    but good things come to those who take their time and do things right .
    and also going to doc appt and taking time off to be with her .
    and for myself
    well today there was one thing that has been on my mind for awhile.
    getting passed the 6 month mark and it is monday april 21.
    but tomorrow i am going to celebrate with my home group. yes AA
    and also as usual come here to my way out and read and chat and post .
    but there is one thing i wanted . is for my two sons to be there .
    at that meeting to support me there . well i ask and they turn me down .
    yeah at first i was really hurt and i wanted to say fuck it . but then i realize.wait i didnt do this for them . i did it for me and to be at this point to realize how to do things right .man in the pass i wouldnt been a total ass hole about things . but i can handle it the right way think about in the right way .if you would have seen me 6 months ago .you would have try to go on the other side of the road .i was mean i didnt give a fuck about them , myself or my girlfriend. i wished i was dead.
    but here i am living life my way .on life term. i found the inner beauty of so many thing around me i have come so far in a short time and the ride is not over .
    this bull of life . is always there and i know what he or she looks like and today just for today i can say no thank you am good .and to be able to look at my sons the way i look at them now i know they love me and . this is my battle. and there are something we have to do alone .. these are called test
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Time to celebrate!

tlrgs;313216 wrote: today i woke up feeling really good ...
    well today there was one thing that has been on my mind for awhile.
    getting passed the 6 month mark and it is monday april 21.
    ..... i did it for me and to be at this point to realize how to do things right... but i can handle it the right way think about in the right way .if you would have seen me 6 months ago .you would have try to go on the other side of the road....
    but here i am living life my way .on life term. i found the inner beauty of so many thing around
    (((tlgrs)))
    First of all buddy... congratulations on your 6 months of sobriety! This is a huge milestone... it seems to be one that marks the turning point for a lot of people! I have listened to others tell of how their quit became so much more comfortable & ingrained at this stage. I too experienced it. For some reason, hitting the 6 month mark & now being on the back half of the year, made a big turnaround in my quit... I was finally starting to feel comfortable in my own skin again.... I could look back & see what huge changes had occurred in such a brief time. Like you, I had quite a temperament... these past few months I have seen a radical change in so many aspects of my personality... and all for the better.
    I'm about to reach the 9 month mark here this week, and I have to say... every month gets better & better! If I had a wish, it would be to give everyone who is struggling early on in their sobriety, a glimpse of how good it really gets after putting in the time & effort... it is so worth it... the rewards are beyond compare! I know you feel that too tlrgs... I can feel it in the words you wrote... becoming & embracing sobriety is a life altering experience... and one that we should not only be proud of, but enjoy the journey as well.

I'm so proud of you... congratulations again!
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Lovely post tlrgs, thank you for sharing :goodjob:
      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
      - George Jackson

Comment

Tlrgs, I would go to any meeting with you if we lived anywhere near one another. it is very true. we do and we MUST do this for ourselves and our own best interests. Huge congrats to you bro!!!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

tlrgs,

Wonderful post. Thank you for sharing.

Love,
          Cindi
          XXXVI
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

(((((((tlrgs))))))) :h
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Well done Tlrgs
              So glad you have found your way.
              Best wishes
              New.

Comment

Tlrgs, thanks ever so much for sharing that, It's very true that we have to do this for ourselves.

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Thanks to both trlgs and fallen angel. I most appreciate and am encouraged by your long-term success. When we are in earlier stages, it is difficult to see that longer road out there, and how much better life can be.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Well done my friend............YOU are doing an awesome job!

Have a great day,
                    Hugs, Bambi
                    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

tlrgs, congratulations on your 6 months of sobriety! I have learned alot from your journey and posts. You are right, we do this for ourselves, first and foremost, and then for others by setting an example and sharing all the good changes. You help so many today.
                      The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

tlrgs,
                        Wonderful post! and congratulations on 6 months! You sound so much better than when you and I first started talking a few months back!
                        CONGRATUALTIONS!

YOU ROCK!

WAY TO GO!

Enjoy life! I am!
                        BHOG
                        War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

bravo!

That is really excellent Roger! Stick to AA and whatever else works for you? :goodjob:

Comment

Congratulations on your huge accomplishment!

Comment

tears of joy today sitting here listen to music and just thinking of how far i have come and these tears feel good thank you
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X