Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hospital appointment for my daughter tomorrow

Hi guys, .........

I've not posted about this for a while as most of the oldies that knew about Kerrie are not here anymore, but I have some new friends here now so here goes ........

My daughter Kerrie was born 11 years ago with a bruise in her brain, we were told that she might not walk, talk, or do anything that 'normal' children do, and she may have epilepsy ..........

To cut a long story short, she walks, talks, and does everything exactly the same as other children do, but she does have epilepsy..........

we have tried several different meds but none were successful ........

two years ago she was suffering 3-4 seizures every week, some needing an ambulance ........... we then we referred to a fabulous neurosurgeon who said that by removing the bruised area of the brain he could cure her ..........

The operation was horrendous but after she had no seizures for 13 weeks and then they came back ............

At first just once a month but now 5 in the last 14 days .........

We see a neurologist tomorrow about our options ............

and I am scared .......

Thanks for listening ...........

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Wow, that must be really tough. I hope they have some options for you tomorrow. Good luck!
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Oh BB... My heart sings for you and your little Kerrie. It sings because thoughts become things and I pick the good ones. I believe in the power of prayer and mine are with your and your family. Try OMAT, OHAT, ODAT to replace fear with hope. I know you know how to do that. Many hands lifting you all up. Breathing underneath your wings. :h
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

BB, thank-you so much for the update on Kerrie... I will say a prayer that the prognosis is good for her xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Oh Betty.....just to let you know I'm thinking of you & Kerrie - sending you my love and prayers for tomorrow. Janicexxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hey Betty and tigger!

I hope everything goes OK with the neurologist appointment tomorrow for you all. How is Kerrie coping with all this Betty? It must be horrible to think one minute everything is all right again to then suddenly feel like you're back at square one after such a major operation. You have a very brave little girl. But you know that anyway!!lol

Love and Happiness :l:l:l
            Hippie
            xx
            "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
            Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

:l:l:l BB to you and Kerrie tomorrow! Prayers for you all! :h
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

BB, you and Kerrie will be in my prayers.

It just blows my mind whenever I learn something new about another member and what their walk through sobriety must really have been like. You are a strong woman.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

BB: prayers for you, Kerrie, and your family:l:l:h
                  :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

BB,

My heart and prayers go out to you. My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and had to have surgery (while awake), chemo, radiation, and is in remission now 5 years later. She is on anti seizure meds for the rest of her life. It took a while to get the right one. She still has seizures but they have reduced significantly so she is able to drive again. So try to be positive because it sounds like you have found a great neurosurgeon which is key.

-V

Comment

Hi Betty

It sounds really like you have such a lot on your plate medically.

You are doing the best for your daughter and it sounds like a lot of this is unpredictable.
                      So all you can do is get the best advice possible make good decisions and try not to worry the rest of the time.

Just like with drinking, you need to take this one day at a time and try not to spend too much time ruminating about the dark possibilities. As you wrote, the prognosis was not supposed to be that great and yet your daugher was a lot better off than doctors expected she would be.

You can keep up on the medical literature and make sure you are aware of any clinical trials going on.

Take care
                      Nancy

Comment

Oh Betty, I didn't know. My thoughts and prayers are with you an your family. Big hug to you.

Comment

Betty, you and your daughter and whole family will be in prayers tonight.
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi Betty
                            I hope it all goes well for your daughter today....Good Luck
                            I shall be thinking of you and Mr Boop and praying.

wishing you lots of comfort and strength for the whole family.x

Love:l
                            Teardrop.x
                            family is everything to me

Comment

Hi Betty,

My thoughts are with you today and will say a wee prayer for you and your daughter. Hope you will let us know how you got on.

Nicole

Comment

Working...
                              X