A thank you from me to MWO..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just noticed this is post 2,000!! Almost one year on from going AF...
    And I wanted it to be a positive one so am going to say a huge thank you to RJ, MWO and all of you - my lovely friends....

2008 is sure turning out to be different to 2007! This time last year I was just getting into my utterly stupid month of drinking that led me to a terrifying Monday morning detox, fear like I had never known, going AF and then a stint at AA that frightened me even more!!!

And then I came here in July. And things got better and better.

I came as Finding My Feet - a more-than-apt-name that leapt out at me as I registered as quick as my fingers would type in my keeness to get gonig with what I had stumbled over on the internet in my desperation to find something other than AA.

I found my Feet alright and went on to Finding MY Self - and the learning goes on and on and on and on and it's wonderful! I have been in 'self-discovery' and 'self-awareness' for 26 years as my work and I have not discovered so much in all those years as I have since being with all your wonderful belief and support, encouragement and understanding. Quality not quantity obviously!

Now I think I am beginning the Finding of My Soul....an awesome, humbling experience if ever there was one! That I dare even type the very words is testament of just how much my self-esteem has improved. My self-belief and my courage. Boy, it falters endlessly but it IS there and it is amazing.

And it is here that has helped me find it.

I haven't been around too much since my mother's death in February (the changes in my life have been too fast to keep up with!!) but the support I received from here then was incredible - I don't think I could have done it without you all. Even not being able to log on - just knowing you were all out there, for me and for each one of us - that swirling energy of belief and encouragement for each of us, round and round...SUCH an incredible energy! Bet it's visible from space!!!

And now I choose to be here. I know that, on the whole (!!!!) I can cope, but I want to be part of this incredible energy.

As I did some bits in my garden this morning in the sun I was thinking about how far I have come from last April - and how much I missed by being wrapped around a bottle all day....it's hard to remember it now! (Ok, Ok! A sort of denial but so what?! Why dig up old stuff just to feel guilty so I wont!!)

11 months on, 26th May was my day one - I now can do what I dreamed was possible for me.....enjoy a white wine spritzer of an evening...just the one. And not want any more. (Red wine = ugh! Memories and so be it, I say with gratitude!) I am blessed in a way I know so many are not but I do include this paragraph as it was what helped me way back then; the AA one drink and you've failed approach almost drove me to drink! (Although I will stand by the need to be AF for at least the 106 days I was for ever and I have to thank AA in its way.) Seeing that mods was a possibility to some here was a great boost. But following so many's wonderful yet heart-wrenching stories found me in a place where I felt we could all find...well, fancy!!! Our Own Way Out!!!

Thanks RJ for this incredible site and thanks to you all my lovely friends (and those who have moved on now too). I think of you so much - thanks for being part of my life.

Never, never, never, never, NEVER give up on yourself - anyone
    . You ARE in there just waiting to come out and SHINE!!!

Blessings
    Finding My Self's Soul. XXXX

(Please, please, please hang in for the 100 days AF if you intend to try modding....I would so hate for this post to knock anyone off track. Alcohol will remain a disaster to lots of people for ever. Sorry. That's just the way it is. Hugs)

Edit - just realised it was six months I did AF before modding - dunno where I got the 106 days! Important to say I think because maybe that made the difference...? Go for six months, not just 100 days!)
    :heart: c: :heart:
    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

(((Finding my Feet)))))

Great post, I'm proud of you and your journey.:l

Comment

Great post FMS....

I joined MWO last April, managed to be AF for 21 days, thought I could mod then, went on a 3 month binge, and came back to MWO. I had my last drink on Aug. 10, and have been here ever since. I just want to tell you I've really enjoyed watching you grow and become the person you now are. I, too, am constantly learning about myself and growing. It is a journey indeed....there is no destination, just the ups and downs of living life free and clear of the bottle...

Congratulations on 2000 posts and the accomplishments you have made....

It's a pleasure to know you...

Don

Comment

FMS!
        Congratulations for all that you have done, and all that you have become.
        Although I can in no way match the effort or wisdom you have put forth, I do understand I think what you are talking about as you explain your own personal growth relative to the changes each of us can make as we become in control of the Beast. For me, this site, and the friends I have made here, have been I feel truely a lifesaver. I am no longer the person who began this journey a few short moths ago. You, FMS, and the others who were there to pick me up and hold my hand, have made my journey if not easier than at least acceptable. I and many here owe you a debt of gratitude!
        Congratulations again on the many happy hsurs and much progress you have made, and Godspeed in the mysteries and journeys that you now see opening up before you.
        Stay Strong!
        BHOG
        War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

FMS!

Congratulations! Soooooo happy for the enjoyment of your new and improved life! :wd: I came to MWO in July of 2006. What a wonderful place to be able to open up and share our feelings, hopes, and fears about our struggle with others who really know what we are going through. Having those thoughts out rather than in, gives us an opportunity to look at them, really see them truely (sometimes for the first time in our lives) and put them in perspective, without the confusion of keeping them in our thoughts. May the rest of your life be joyous!

:h Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

soo soo sooo happy for you and i'm so grateful for rj and mwo. gosh what a beautiful place. i came here in 2006 and in august of 2007. and i'm so grateful to each and every.. love to you honey
            :welcome:

Comment

Feet what a lovely post ......

You have come so far and I for one am really proud of you .........

Thanks for being here for us all in our times of need ........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

FMS... im so please for you always love reading your posts means a lot....WELL DONE you shoud be so proud of yourself.
                Love:l
                Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

FMS - you have rose above so MUCH in this past year. You have remained so strong and kept to your goals! I am so very bloody proud of you! I remember when you first came here, you were like most; scared, hurting, alone, etc.... BUT you have blossomed my friend! Life is going to be fantabulous for you from here on out. You should be so very proud of yourself.

You are a role model for me in so many ways. Experiencing children's anger, death, etc... and yet being so strong and sober.

You are such a wonderful person, and I want to 'thank you' for being a part of MWO. :l

Comment

Hey FMS, I have just got here as your posts are up to 2000!!!
                    Yes you have come so far and risen above so many difficult obstacles.........coming out a better person.

Congratulations on your 2000 posts!!
                    They are always insightful, heartfelt and interesting.
                    Thank you for being here!!
                    x
                    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Oh wow! Thank you sooooh much for your kind words.... I don't know what to say!!

Just one thing - reading my post back I do want to say I am not that complacent! I can 'cope' with day to day now but I am sure I am at least as wobbly as anyone when anything big hits!! I didn't mean to sound as arrogant!

Yes Best! May the rest of all our lives be joyous! Thanks!

Love FMS xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

FMS,

A wonderful post, as always. Last summer was a finding time for you, me and for many in the group of us that posted daily.

Your posts and kind words helped me find motivation to keep to the changes I had set out for myself.

So, thank you.

Keep up your own brand of mods, it is impressive.

July

Day 273 AF

Comment

Working...
                        X