Earthquakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthquakes

ok, this just creeped me out...about 10 minutes ago a quake shook our house pretty good. nothing damaged that I can see. Reno has been having a few minor quakes lately but this is the first one that got me a bit frightened. fun fun!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Earthquakes

We had one a few weeks ago. It shakes you up doesn't it?

Seriously, it feels weird but at least you are okay and nothing damaged.

Loved your eagle pictures.
    Enough is enough

Comment

Earthquakes

Hey......y'all be careful! Sounds scary to me! (((Det and Dx)))
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Earthquakes

Scary! I've never been in an earthquake but that would be freaky! I'm glad everything is ok!
        Marcie

Comment

Earthquakes

Det and Dex, so glad you are ok. I am pleased not to be living on a fault line; I take a snow storm anyday over an earthquake.
          Somebody said, if the big quake hits the west coast of the US, then you guys will have instant waterfront - I know - not funny!
          *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Earthquakes

just heard this morning on the news this is the biggest one since 1949 in the area. woooo! and this is a very hot spot for seismic activity.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Earthquakes

Check out one of the earthquakes sites on the web and get a real thrill!! Things have been very active all over the place. But, that can be a good thing: letting off some steam. I thought an earthquake was the most frightening until I survived a midwest tornado. I'll take the shaking anyday to golf ball sized hail. Now, we can also talk about sharks:upset:

Comment

Earthquakes

Hey Determinator, glad you are OK! Yes, they can be freaky ... when I lived in San Francisco my worst earthquake experience was a 3.2 while I was working on the 38th floor of a downtown highrise ... the building swayed back and forth for way too long, and elevators shut down so we couldn't leave ... luckily that was before I was prone to panic attacks (thanks to 9-11).

I agree with Gelgit though ... I can deal with earthquakes as scary as they are, but I'd plotz if I had to deal with a tornado ... or a shark!!!

Take care!!!

Comment

Earthquakes

just had to add my experience!

Glad you are both ok.

Last year on holiday went to cyprus, while in bed after a good few drinks, late at night we had a earthquake tremor the whole apartment shook.
                  I woke my other half up to let him know and he said to me that i had to much to drink to go back to sleep.lol But it soon sober me up very quick.
                  My daughter ran into my room we both went out on to the balcony,everyone was saying did you felt that. The only one that was not on the balcony was my husband still fast asleep.lol
                  i was scrared i did ring my friend that night who lives over there.
                  But would love to see a twister but only from a far distance. I know im mad!

Love
                  Teardrop.x
                  family is everything to me

Comment

Earthquakes

Holy crap garlic, that is kind of scary. Be safe my friend.

Sammys

Comment

Earthquakes

Det & Dex ~

Stay safe my dears. Please keep us posted that all is well. I'll be prayering for you.

Love, Me
                      :l
                      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Earthquakes

Det,
                        So glad it wasnt any worse and you and your home are okay! Strange, I was in Home Depot about three hours ago and a good friend of mine called me and said she was at Lake Tahoe and wanted to know if I had heard about the earthquake there today. I immediately thought of you and DX, so I was so glad to log on and see this thread and that all is well. Hopefully there will not be any after tremors!

Glad you guys are safe.
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Earthquakes

Determinator: The news on the quake is being televised here in the NY/NJ area. Stay safe. - Reenie
                          September 23, 2011

Comment

Earthquakes

I just read this on CNN about aftershocks and that they are expecting more quakes!
                            Reno urged to prepare for more quakes - CNN.com
                            Marcie

Comment

Earthquakes

Glad to hear you and Dx are fine.

There are only four things that scare me:

earthquakes (which I have never experienced)
                              tornadoes (which I went through once)
                              hurricanes (I went through lots of those - terrible)
                              spiders (at least I can step on those - but they still give me nightmares)

God bless you. Stay safe.
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X