Melancholy and the infinite sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cindi, you're a good writer. You get your thoughts right out there. I, as one of the many, get a lot of insight from you. :goodjob: Melancholia, isn't it an overblown, grand and weird word? I have many more thoughts, but I'll spare you! xxx g.

Comment

Hey Hippie, Thanks for starting this thread and allowing others to help so many of us. Sometimes it feels like I (we) am the only one with these very human feelings that everyone must have, but hide so well. I think there are triggers for me. I'll over hear a conversation about friends getting together over the week-end. and a little part of me feels left out. and that feeling grows and consumes me for a while. You may have triggers, or sparks too. Is it the music or the feelings first? Does listening to melancholy music make you feel sad and wistful or do the feelings come and then you "embrace" them with the music? It doesn't really matter. It's a chicken or egg thing. But I hope it is somewhat reassuring that your feelings are part of our human-ness.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X