Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apologize to you all for my post the other day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

No apologies neccesary. You are going through a "worry and wait" mode. Great job on the party last night! Keep us posted on how you are doing!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks Lushy.

Love the sig you have.

Remind me not to cross you wont you?

Regards

Brett.

Comment

I appreciate a quick learner!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Brett, really no need to apologize at all. For a couple of reasons....

1). The forum is here for people to discuss what is going on in their lives. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly. If we don't get things off our chests and keep the stress all to ourselves then we usually fall of the wagon. So talking your feelings out and sharing your experiences is the whole point of being here.

2). You brought attention to an extrememly important health issue that we all (as heavy drinkers) should be aware of. Perhaps you've given others the courage or motivation that they needed to talk to their own doctors. You know, some food for thought.

Don't stress over posting this. You have enough on your plate already.

Congrats on making it through your first party. You are very brave to even attempt one so early in your sobriety.

Good job on the 6 days AF! Stay strong, hun. It only gets better!

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi Thankful.

Thanks again for the kinds words and support.

It's wonderful people such as yourself who will get me through these harder times.

Brett.

Thankful;317074 wrote: Brett, really no need to apologize at all. For a couple of reasons....

1). The forum is here for people to discuss what is going on in their lives. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly. If we don't get things off our chests and keep the stress all to ourselves then we usually fall of the wagon. So talking your feelings out and sharing your experiences is the whole point of being here.

2). You brought attention to an extrememly important health issue that we all (as heavy drinkers) should be aware of. Perhaps you've given others the courage or motivation that they needed to talk to their own doctors. You know, some food for thought.

Don't stress over posting this. You have enough on your plate already.

Congrats on making it through your first party. You are very brave to even attempt one so early in your sobriety.

Good job on the 6 days AF! Stay strong, hun. It only gets better!

Love, Me
            :l

Comment

Brett,

We are all here for you!!!!! Don't even worry about it!

Staying sober, in the land down under......awesome!!!!!!

Love ya,

Myheart
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

oh noo!

did not read it..i would not have been mad..anyways. :l

Comment

You really don't need to apologize! No wait a minute...If you offer to fly me over and put me up in a great hotel I will definately accept your apology in person! I have always wanted to go to Australia.

Congrats on day 6 AF and also for making it through the party AF! A big accomplishment!

Take care my "brother"...Case

Comment

Hi Brett, hey - no need to apologise, we're all here for each other during good times and bad. Just want to say you are doing GREAT!!!!

Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hey Brother (Case)

I'll make you a deal. You pay for my flight over there and I'll pay for your flight over here.

How does that sound?

My wife and I definitely want to get to the states one day.

Cheers Brother.

Brett.

Comment

Hi Janice.

Thanks yet again.

I'm just starting day 7 here in Australia and feeling a bit tired but otherwise quite well. It's nice not to have a hangover on a Monday morning for a change!!!!!

BTW, how long does it take for the brain fog to lift. Weeks, Months?
                        I'm tipping months after what I've put in.:H

My wife and I were over in mother England last year. What a beautiful place it is. My wife is originally from Kent.

It was hilarious when we were in London. My daughter who is 5 was running around London in a little pink dress. (everyone else was in grey or black with thick coats) She was very easy to spot in the photos.:H

Thanks again for all your support.

Brett.

Comment

hi Brett,

that's a coincedence - that's where I am, Kent!! I know what you mean about the "brain Fog" but you know, if you're eating well, getting plenty of exercise and are on the vits/supps I don't think its too long before we start to reap the benefit of kicking Al out of our lives.

Janicexxx
                          AF since 9 May 2012
                          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hey Janice.

It certainly is a small world.

My wife grew up on the Isle of Sheppey (is that how it's spelled?)

Then moved to Faversham.

We were very lucky when we were there. The weather was beautiful.

The beer wasn't bad either. Unfortunately I consumed far too much of it whilst we were there. I think that definitely had an impact on the ol liver.

Anyway... Time to go forward. No time for looking back.

Warm Regards

Brett.

Comment

I'm just popping in to say no apologies needed here at MWO. We are all here to share and help. I'm so glad you are with us Brett. Please don't ever be afraid to post your feelings. I hope we can help.

You're doing great. 7 days AF now, isn't it? It gets easier from here on. You're probably over the worst of the withdrawls and the brain fog should be lifting soon.

You're in my prayers.
                              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X