Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family

Hi All. I am 17 days AF.

One thing I have noticed is just how much less grouchy I am around my family. Before, I avoided my kids a lot because the littlest things would make me lose my temper. Now, I seem to have infinite patience with them. I don't recall being irritable with them since I quit and have started re-socializing. This seems like a strange thing to say, but boy, I must have been a real asshole at times.

Sitting on the couch a couple of weeks ago, my in-laws asked why I never got my pilot's license (I work in the aviation industry). My 14 year old piped up and said "dad, you have to be sober to be a pilot". What do you say to that? She was right.

Anyway, that was then, this is now. No time like the present to make up for the past.

Family

Congratulations on 17 days af. That is wonderful!! Keep up the great work.

Comment

Family

Mohun,

Great job on achieving 17 days of AF as it is a great accomplishment. A am also glad that you are finding a sense of "calm" by being AF. It is amazing the difference that clearing the mind makes.

Comment

Family

Well done on 17 days ........

I used to be really irritable too when drinking heavily .........

Enjoy the sober time with your family .......

BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Family

Mohun - Congrats!!! Keep up the good work. What a wonderful feeling it is to have a clear mind and clean body.

jane
          jane

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
          - Author unknown

Comment

Family

waaaaaaaaa hooooooooooo great job 17 days . and it does get even better
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Family

Mohun,

I too recognized a better mood after some time AF. Patience around your desired drinking time is a hard won reward, savor it.

Great job with 17 days AF keep it going.

July

Comment

Family

Mohun, good observations...I feel the same way being AF. I have mini mood swings but nothing like the cross-eyed version of myself!
                I only have about 2 hours of flight time under my belt....maybe I'll get around to getting my license too? hmmmmm.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Family

Mohun, "out of the mouths of babes" they say - lol.

I so understand the less grumpy attitude. I was the Queen of Make a Mountain out of a Mole Hill! Now the little things just roll off my back. I just love smiling for no friggin reason!

Congrats on those 17 days! Great job!

Love, Me
                  :l
                  Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Family

Great work Mohun,

17 days is a job well done.

That must of really hit home what your daughter said.

Sometimes our offspring really come out with unarguable logic don't they.

I know my daughter does and she's only 5!!!

I know I'm definitely become less snappy.

Even my crazy little dog isn't driving me as mad jumping on the bloody door.

Good luck on the trip mate.

Brett.

Comment

Working...
                    X