Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our enviroment ! Ideas on how to preserve it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All'
    How can we keep our earth safe oil efficent ! It's terrible that Brazil can be completely free from dependency of oil, they use sugar cane ethonal to power thier cars ! It's our greed that keeps us from being free of Arabic oil ! Why can'nt our country find a soulution to our oil problem, (It's because they don't want too !!!)
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

IAD - I hear ya, I feel ya...
    In my work I'm inundated with the plastics issue. People are demanding us in the food industry to use less/better plastics -- but really, the best we can do is make our own meals!
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

This gas situation sickens me beyond belief. I work at home and do not drive much except to take daughter to and from school most days, and Mr. Lushy works very close to home and drives a very efficient car and yet our gas bill just this last month was 483.00!!!!!!!! I just about had a heart attack. I cannot imagine if I traveled a long way to work every day what it could cost.

Our government has been completely lazy about finding alternatives because it is lining someone's pocket to keep it the way it is. Shame on them.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I agree that our government has done precious little regarding seeking alternatives to our rediculous dependence on foriegn oil!! I do believe that the primary reason for this is greed. With that being said, we the public and citizens of the earth need to take personal responsibility for conserving our resources. We can replace our lightbulbs with efficient energy saving bulbs, and turn off lights when we leave a room. We can use reusable, shopping bags. We can use washable dishes and glasses rather than paper and plastic. I could go on and on with this, and the answer is yes, I do all of these things myself.

I tell you, one thing that drives me nuts is all of the oversized vehicles with only one person in them! Yes, I live in Denver, and I constantly hear that we "need" large four wheel vehicles to get around in the winter...........what a bunch of BS!!! I have lived here for 28 years, I have driven a front wheel drive vehicle for the past 18 years and I have no problem at all getting around when it snows!

It is not only the financial concerns, but the fact is, we are destroying the planet and the future for our children and grandchildren!

Thanks IAD, for bringing this to our attention!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

well,

i do use reusable shopping bags. They are great! and yes less everything. cut way back on oil, we use wood pellets for heat, very few lights on for me. we don't even have a telephone, just a cell. coast down hills and make all my stops in one run. :H tell me i ain't efficient...Rippy puts very few miles on...i don't go far...

Comment

I do my best by not using the dryer for clothes, shutting off lights, not day dreaming into the fridge (nag the boys on this too ) We get a load of logs and cut it ourselves to burn in our woodstove for heat. I cook on my woodstove and hang clothes around it to dry them... I just fluff the clothes in the dryer with cold air and a dryer sheet. If everybody did their part I'm sure it would help.... I too HATE the price of gas !!! I read an email that said for everybody to not buy Shell or Esso gas to shock them into lowering their prices... We do that and hope that lots of people are also.

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

We have oil here we could drill (USA), but it becomes an environmental issue.....?
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

this is great...

this is how I save. senior planning.

1. Camper in sons backyard-electrical cord to his house.
                2. Gas Grill-must have.
                3. Clothes Line..running brook nearby..laundry
                4. Case of AF-Wine
                5. Am Radio
                6. Cats & Dogs
                7. Peace & Quiet.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                X