I slipped....now what??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I slipped....now what??

I thought I was doing so well...in fact a few times I actually thought, ok, this is too easy! About 2 weeks ago I started drinking again and thought I could handle it under the category of "moderation". However that quickly turned into drinking almost as much as I was drinking prior to MWO and Campral.

I need to get back on track, fast. Should I approach this with abstinence? I guess I should, seeing as how barely 3 weeks into my efforts, I found it hard to drink moderately. What have you done to pick yourself up in the past?

I slipped....now what??

You answered your own question. I tried to fool myself into thinking I could moderate but....it just did not work for me. :upset: Just go AF and be

Comment

I slipped....now what??

You know, I guess you're right.

I mean, nothing bad can come of it, right?

BTW Florida Boy, which part of FL do you live in? I lived in SW Florida for years and am planning on moving back this summer....trying to figure out which area to relocate to.

Comment

I slipped....now what??

Jess,

You slipped and you learned from it. Treat the slip as a learning experience. Sounds like you know you need to abstain. Recommend at least 30 days. There's a good Daily abs thread under Goals. It has helped many get over the 30 day hurdle. Good luck,
        Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

I slipped....now what??

Ft. Myers. P.M. about the area if you like. I am pretty familiar with it. Real estate prices are very good right now.

Going AF for 30 or 60 days is not going to hurt you. You might just find that you want to be that way all the time.

Comment

I slipped....now what??

I did the same thing and am now going AF. I was even moding very well then I stopped taking the supps regularly, stopped the CDs regularly, stopped coming on here regularly.
            AF feels so much better than a hangover!

Good luck and take care :l
            "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

I slipped....now what??

I can count on every finger and toe the times I TRIED to moderate and ended up drunk as shit again!!!!! Moderation is an option for VERY FEW!!!!!
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I slipped....now what??

Beck, thank you for the tip on the Daily Abs thread! I will check it out.

Comment

I slipped....now what??

Hi Jessica,

Congratulations on realizing you needed to address your drinking again, before it got too out of hand. When I first started the MWO program, it was with the intention of going af for 30 days like RJ's book recommends, and then I would moderate. Well, I couldn't believe how wonderful I felt being af. It felt so good that I feared trying to moderate. I was afraid of going right back to where I was before. I didn't really realize how much I hated where I was before, until I got out of it.

So, here I am at day 84, and still af. The question of moderating still crosses my mind regularly, as does the fear of moderating. One question that I try to ask myself is, "If I had a bottle of wine here, would I drink it?". I'm pretty sure I would. That scares me. I want to be able to take alcohol or leave it, and I'm not sure I can. I just know that I don't want to go back to where I was before.

You said you wanted to get back on track fast. Did you do the full 30 days af, before you tried to mod? You may want to try that. Again, good for you for recognizing that you need to step back from what you are doing now. I wish you the best. Keep posting. Let us know how you are doing.

Miso :heart:

Comment

I slipped....now what??

brittzak;318265 wrote: I can count on every finger and toe the times I TRIED to moderate and ended up drunk as shit again!!!!! Moderation is an option for VERY FEW!!!!!
                    This was me before I finally decided abstain ....wish I could moderate but I doubt I can.

Like with smokers...that first drag on a cigarette after quitting ensures they are back on 20 a day within a few weeks. !

Good Luck with abstaining...

Heavenly
                    ?We are one another's angels?
                    Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

I slipped....now what??

Jessi, brave you of to admit the slip. Good job coming here and asking for help.

One member once said (and it always stuck with me) that "it's 50 times harder to moderate than it is to abstain". I really believe that. When I was achieving my AF days, I kept wondering when can I try drinking again? Is today the day? What will happen if I had just one beer? I was constantly obessessing about it. It was driving me nuts. I ended up being too chicken to try (which is a good thing). But the day I decided screw it, I feel great what's the point having one or two anyway, it was like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. All that undue stress I was putting myself through on a daily basis, it just vanished.

Don't be afraid of abstinance. It is the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced.

Best of luck. We are here for you.

Love, Me
                      :l
                      Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                      X