Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to me myself and i

hi

i think alchohol is a depressant that doesnt just numb the mind, i feel so bad that i cant raise any feelings towards my husband it has killed my libado through guilt and the mind definately rules the body, unless i am drunk that is then i loose all inhibitions, yet alchohol surely is an inhibitor?
    Maybe its guilt that is the inhibitor I dont know, but you are an inspiration and I think having a drink problem makes you have a split personality like jeckyll hyde and i dont think anyone can be good all the time
    everyone has to blow but its better to do it sober at one time when i blew people used to sit up and listen, but now i only do it when i have a drink so they dont take any notice, but i am so busy with other things in the day i just dont have time for me
    the same irritations with life are allways there but not blown out of so proportion because drink does that
    my husband gets so niggly about things i dont expect that I dont know what the hell he is so wound up about
    Then I read women cant navigate men dont cry and howled laughing it was so much like me and him he wasnt amused, I read it in bed and didnt think it was funny when I quoted the man quotes but it was so true
    Does seem like we live on a different planet!

Comment

to me myself and i

no i dont plan on reliving any of what i did .i see it in my dreams and yes i have learn from it . do i want to wake in the morning with a hangover think not .do i want to put anyone threw that living hell of me being a total asshole.think not ..do i need to think about how i am feeling these days and write my feeling down .so in some way i can look at what i write and learn ..and analize come up with the best way for me to live with myself ..i know that i will have good days and bad ones but more good . right now am just doing my best and right now am starting to feel better . just by writing this down
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

to me myself and i

Sorry to hear that you feeling this way i do know the feeling. Sometimes when i start to feel better again i think to myself i must of had some sort of depression going on for a while. You have been sober for a while and i guess feelings start to surface and sometimes can be overwhelming - try not to pay too much attention to it as it will pass and it may be something clearing from your subconsious - which is really a great thing even though it doesnt seem it right now. Try and find the energy to do something different maybe go for a short trip on the weekend - you never know what a little break away can do.
        Thinking of you!!
        I am the author of my life.

Comment

to me myself and i

well today is alot better my left eye is not as puffy
          and am going to enjoy the day peace ,love and god bless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

to me myself and i

Dear tlrgs,

Good to hear you sounding more chipper!....and glad your eye is doing better.

Go out and enjoy the day, stay positive and look at all the good in your life! It will just keep getting better and better as long as we keep pushing through to the other side!

You are a great person, God Bless,
            Hugs, Bambi
            "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

to me myself and i

I found this happened to me last year. It also happens in the beginning of early sobriety-the end of the "honeymoon stage". You get so excited with this new sober life and then one day you wake up and say "is this it?". Happened to me at 7 mos last yr and I just sat there, depressed, pondering life, thinking "what the hell-is this it, this is my new sober life? Big Whoop". After a few days it passed.

Hang in there. Glad you're feeling better today.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X