• Show
Clear All

Days 1-30: Hello Sober Living

day 1 in the books, moving through day 2
    Sobriety Is Wasted On The Sober

Comment

hello day 5, nice to see you again.

had my normal afternoon craving yesterday, but popped an L Glut when I got home then stayed busy through the evening and made it through. Cravings are already less strong, so that's good. however, I am currently still a bachelor and won't go get my family till the weekend. I'm not making an excuse, I'm just saying they are a trigger. Will have to stay vigilant when I go get them.

Just gotta keep remembering it's not deprivation, it's freedom.

Comment

You are doing great roamer! What's your plan for the weekend? What does your family do that's a trigger?

Comment

just the craziness of everyday life. screaming kids, running around, wanting an easy way to relax at the end of the day. I've used AL as a coping mechanism for so long, I don't know how to relax without it.

Comment

Roamer, it took me awhile to realize that I had forgotten how to relax without that glass of wine. You will get lots of ideas/choices if you google relaxation strategies.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

hello day 6. your pal day 5 tried really hard to talk me into a drink yesterday, and for a moment I considered it, but I was able to move past it.

Comment

holy crap, it's day 7 already. Mr 6 tried talking me into a drink too, but his argument was weaker than Mr 5's.

It's like coming out of a haze, being sober.

Comment

Day 1 of Sober Living!! I am back...
                  This is no longer a drinking problem...it's a matter of Life or Death!!!

Comment

way to go hope! I'm looking at day 8 now. yesterday afternoon was a real mf'er, but I got through it. bring on the weekend!

Comment

hello day 12. haven't drunk myself to sleep since June 25.

Comment

Working...
                      X