Thats IT..I have Had it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Time for the FAT FARM..today is the day! Add this to your favorites: WeightWatchers.com: Food and Recipes Gateway - Visitor even if you plan NOT to diet a few low cal meals help. I'll let you know if you want, how much i weigh? oooooo. should i really tell? i think i gained at least 25 lbs. since October? Feeling like its time for more changes. XXOO Ripples

Thats IT..I have Had it!

I'm with you Ripple. I know I have gained at least 15 - 20 since Oct., and need to get it off! No summer bottoms fit and the tops look like crap. I'm game if you are! Let's do it!

:h Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Ripple,

The first time I went AF I ate everything in sight! I decided the next time that I would join Weight Watchers before I went AF and it worked great. It is cheap (I use the online program) at $16.95 a month. I am on the Core plan and I have lost almost 15 lbs. I want to lose about 5 more and without the AL I know it will be a lot easier. Having a healthy diet also helps with AL cravings (for me at least). I have tried many diets (South Beach, Atkins, etc.) and WW is the only one that I know I can live with long term. Best of luck! Gabby
      Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

I'm jumping in here too. I track what I eat (using Sparkpeople.com or Fitday.com) and I went back and did some figuring. Over 45% of my calories come from AL on the days I drink!!!!!! That is unbelievable - over a week's time that is more calories than 1 1/2 pounds of fat! Times 52 weeks a year! That's shocking. And I wondered why I kept gaining weight year after year. I would love to see some pounds come off as I go AF longer and longer. Only 3 days AF so far. Today will be 4. Also I read somewhere that drinking AL (more than a glass) in an evening can block your body from processing fat correctly for 48 hours - that explains the beer belly I guess - or wine belly - or whatever.
        Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Ripple, hun, I know this sucks! lol

Lost about 22 lbs when I first went AF and I think I gained most of that back because of the sugar cravings! uggg! Taking me too long to figure out supps and whens the best time to take what, etc.

I think it's hysterical that we have no problem admitting how much we drank and swapping drunk stories, but we don't want to tell each other what we weigh!!! :H

Good luck to all you want to change!

Love, Me
          :l
          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

i am 152 and loving it yeehaaaaaaaaaaaaa
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

There are just to many things to give up...smoking I gained 40 lbs and now with trying to give up AL I crave sweets and so I keep putting on the weight...I'm bigger then I have ever been in my life except while pregnant...I can't wear hardly any of my clothes...I have to stop eating so much..The evenings are the worst because that's when I want to drink.
              When I got up this morning I made coffee sat on couch watching news before getting ready for work and thought to myself, "right now I don't crave anything, not food or Al." why can't it be like that all the time. Why can't I always be satisfied and content???..But as the day wears on I start having those thoughts...like I'm only going to have a few and y'all know the rest...OH well....just have to keep trying.

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Tlrgs, now there's no reason for you to be a smart ass!! :lalala:

Just joking....:H

Love, Me

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

I have never really been on a diet in my life. When I took the topa I lost about 20 pounds in about 3 months. Then I quit the topa and started drinking again. That's when I gained back the 20 plus 10. At the end of 2007 I weighed 287 pounds and I am 6' tall. Even at that I was down a little from my heaviest of jsut under 300 pounds. That's fat and it made me feel tired all the time. I had to eat a lot of food to maintain that weight. hehe

In Dec. of 07 I started eating healthier; and watching my calories. I was amazed at how many calories I was taking in each day. The amount of calories in fast food astounded me. That double cheese Whopper and fries with a fried pie for desert was about 2000 calories. That was about what I should have to eat for the whole day. Not to mention the meal contained about 100 grams of fat. Sometimes I would eat 2 burgers but lets not get into gluttony. I have found that eating lots of fiber and lots of fruit and veggies I can keep my calorie count down and still not be hungry. It is more expensive and I eat a lot of baked chicken breast and baked fish, but as of this morning I am down to 250 pounds and I am losing weight at about at about 2.5 pounds per week and I am feeling much better. I have found that eating healthy choice soup is low in calories and filling along with an occasional TV dinner when I want something fast.

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

:huggy

bear
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Great job, Bear! Keep up the great work!

My problem is I don't eat often enough. I skip too many meals, especially breakfast. I just find it so difficult to eat in the morning. So my metabolism goes into starvation mode. Then when I do eat it's not the best chioces. And snacking at night - eeks!

I've been better about cutting back on caffiene though! I always say it's harder to cut back on coffee than it was to give up booze! lol

Love, Me

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Go girls! :rockon: The guys are cheering 4 you. Wait till U see us in our Speedo's. :gramps: er I meant suspenders.

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

The plan to have an AF May for me also entails losing some weight, as previously I never could because of all the wine calories. And yes - I have developed a wine belly. No matter how much I exercise I never lose anything! Grrr... So my sister is sending the the WWatchers Core Plan and I am going to try it. I don't eat after supper (and I never eat when drinking) but as soon as I get home from work, I eat munchies (my one junk food) or cheese while making dinner, and then there are all those wine calories - I think I could lose 2 lb a week just cutting those things out!!!! I want to drop 15 lb, so I can feel a wee bit more comfortable on the beach in a bikini!!!! (I am a sun worshipper - I hate being covered up in the sun)
                        Peanut

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

Ya know when I quit smoking and drinking the first time I gained 25 pounds and man did my small boned body look FAT! Well two years later I am back to doing the same things again even though I never lost those 25 pounds!...YIKES....I am ready to get healthy and loose weight with you all! i just need the motivation!

Best wishes!
                          Hugs, Bambi
                          "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

okay.

i weighed in at 206. gonna check out Fit.com wot Wasted mentioned. need to quit butts too, not yet. And yes i can eat a lot. i eat more than hubby and he weighs 250. i have swallowed more bad stuff in my life since i returned home in Dec. My last drink was 10/11/07. I'll post some easy recipes as i go. thanks guys and YES i told my weight.

Comment

Thats IT..I have Had it!

wow...pretty damn close 203 days sober and 206 lbs of love and joy! well ain't that jolly! Thats IT!

Comment

Working...
                              X