Eating Kudzu Weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eating Kudzu Weed

You will not believe this but last night I was flipping through the stations on the TV and stopped on the Travel Channel(11pm EST). The Show was called "Taste of America". The show travels the US and stops in cities to sample their local cuisine.

The host was in Atalanta and he was sampling cooked Kudzu weed. i couldn't beleive it . I'm going to try to find information on the shows website.

Taste of America with Mark Decarlo (Season 4)
    Kudzu, Frozen Banana, Clam Cake
    TV-PG, CC

Kudzu has been known as the weed that ate the south, well residents are striking back by eating that pesky weed. Next Mark travels to Balboa Island to check out the frozen banana. Then on to Narragansett, Rhode Island to try the clam-cake.

Sorry I couldn't find anything but the listing for the show. But the show said that the Atlanta Aquarium actually serves dishes made from Kudzu. Interesting???

Eating Kudzu Weed

I have seen Alton Brown on his road show America thing, on Foodnetwork, and he ate kudzu right off the vine. Wouldn't that be something? I am a little nervous to try it because I really would need to be able to identify the thing. My luck I'd eat something poisonous.
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

OMG...I live in the deep south and we have it everywhere....It isn't green yet but when it turns I'm going to try it...I'll let you all know if it kills me or not.....I'll come back as a vison...a cyber vision if I don't make it. ...LOL:angel::lilangel::angelgirl:
      :l

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

These were actually cooked into recipes. They deep fried some with some type of coating and made chips from it. Then they made stuffed Kudzu by boiling the leaves and stuffing it with a lamb meat stuffing. Then there were a few other recipes and the host actually said all of the recipes were delicious.

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

I eat Kudzu pasta and drink Kudzu tea, they work too. I haven't tried the Kudzu blossom jelly or honey though, I'm not much of a sweet eater. I would love to try some of the chips though....crunch crunch
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

Wow! How interesting! What does it look and taste like, My Heart?
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

It's a very large green leaf. It is an extremely fast growing weed that covers buildings if it isn't taken care of.

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

My heart
                Where do you get the pasta and jelly from?

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

I heard it was cattle feed , will I guess that AL left me looking sorta like a cow....Bring it on...Does it taste like spinach????
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

Kudzu grows like a weed here. It is EVERYWHERE. Bird makes several things with Kudzu as well.
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

I remember a thread like this awhile ago and a person from the South cautioned because in their area it would be sprayed due to it being so wide spread. So be careful where you pick it from.
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

What is the Kudzu for? Abstaining or moderating.
                        :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                        AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

I buy it online, just do a search for both "Kuzu" and "Kudzu", they are the same thing. The pasta is made by Eden Foods, it is very much like an oriental pasta, kind of clear and slippery with no taste at all really. The tea just tastes kind of like an herbal tea. Mmmmm, pass the Kudzu : )
                          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                          - George Jackson

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

Michaela,,, folks use Kudzu (I've only used the one from MWO) to help them to abstain from alcohol.. Although I would think that it would help you to moderate... Do you have the MWO book? It is really a great read !!! This reminds me that I should crack the bottle of Kudzu more this week and not to have a "winey Wednesday" Kudzu is a really good tool that is all natural as far as I know. Maybe google it to find out more, or go into the holistic healing on this website. There is alot of great info that folks have shared... I hope that I haven't made you even more confused Hon All the best xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Eating Kudzu Weed

well time i have alot of weeds in my yard maybe we can cook up a storm. just kidding good morning
                              LOL
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X