THINKING AHEAD-before the beast!

Well done, Teardrop...

You should be proud of yourself....

Hope you have a good nights sleep...

Don

Comment

Excellent!!!!

I was craving all day yesterday but soon forgot it when I got to the Indian - it was a lovely meal and had a jug of Lemon Sherbet between us, you could taste the bits in the bottom. I am soooo lucky my partner doesn't drink (well maybe half a shandy when forced to), he prefers a pot of tea to a pint.

He said I was "sparkling" last night - evidence you don't need drink. Everyone in the restaurant was well behaved, smiling and laughing. Some asian families popped in with their children. Put us white brits to shame. It was difficult to imagine a world away the pubs were full of adults hell bent on drinking the evening away.

I almost suggested going for a walk to a pub afterwards, but realised I really wanted to just be with my guy alone. In the past I remember going to a bar after a meak was just ME trying to extend the evening and get more AL.

Enough of me............you did great, it can be difficult dealing with problems and other folk when they are drinking but sometimes its a reminder that for us it would be ten times worse.

Remember every craving or difficult situation you get through just makes you stronger for the future.

Give yourself a big hug and get on with Sunday feeling healthy and strong.

:l

Comment

Please do not reply on this thread it a old thread, Just bumping this up for shitzulover hope it helps.x
        Formerly known as Teardrop:l
        sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
        my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
        X