Alcohol and SKIN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol and SKIN.

The effects of alcohol on the skin and the harm it is doing. interesting facts what booze does to our skin..enjoy! glad i stopped drinking..

Alcohol and SKIN.

I have suffered with Acne since the age of 12, have been on treatment for adult acne for last 10 years. Since stopping drinking my skin has really cleared - ok not perfect and still using the special gel for treatment but it is much less obvious. I have been able to stop using my 'colour corrective' green camo make up too.

Towards the end I was noticing my nose was started to swell during my bouts, that has gone completely.

The physical and mental effects are also worth a good read too.

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

Thanks for the link Ripple ...

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

Ripple, from one red-faced drunk I can say thanks for the reminder! The great news is that our faces are usually one of the first areas that start to show improvement when we give up the AL. It can take a while (for me it takes about two months before people start commenting on how I look 'younger' and 'healthier'). I love not waking up to red face and having to constantly tell people at the office I was out in the sun over the weekend. It gets tricky in the winter...

26 Days AF today.
        I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

okay..yes.

BM...looking like sh*t is no-joke never mind feeling that way. The sun makes it worst...with boozee..when i woke up today i looked like a normal person like i have not in a long time..thats why i posted the linkeage! no more red....:H

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

Is there anything we can do to help with the redness, aside from not drinking?? I'm 90 today, but the redness is still here, argh.

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

My skin is totally different when not drinking. Some of it was AL but some was me not even bothering to wash my face at night. Thank you for posting this.

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

the redness and skin looks like sh*t for awhile after stopping..i see it alot in the AA people coming in. One person i give rides is @ 4 months and see looks so exhausted, its that PHAZE we go thru. it just seems after awhile with sobriety you wake up and say WOW thats ME! even if you look older, you really do look alive for once instead of that tired dragged out look. SKIN does take a beating from booze and butts. :upset:

Comment

Alcohol and SKIN.

thinking of psoriasis
                  Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Working...
                  X