Phew! the detox is over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew! the detox is over!

Well, last week had to be one of the worst weeks of my life. I honestly had no idea it would be so horrendous, I've never felt so ill in my life. Had a nurse call everyday to see me then the head of the clinic. i couldn't walk, eat, sleep or even get my words out properly. He said he'd never known anyone react so badly to the medication they gave me but to stick it out as it would soon be over.
    Well now it is and I NEVER want to go through it again. My poor daughter who was staying with me was so worried and frightened but the good thing is I've now been AF for 7 days and haven't had any urge for a drink, the thoughts of it makes me feel sick.
    I feel so ashamed and hate what I've put my kids through (I've had cards, presents and even flowers congratulating me for finally admitting to my problem, seems strange as it was all self inflicted, lovely though)
    I start cognitive therapy next week, hopefully turn all these negative thoughts into something positive (was my excuse in the first place for drinking, just tried to block all the rubbish that had happened over the past few years)
    Anyway, good luck to you all and thanks for being here for me.
    Minty

Phew! the detox is over!

Wow, glad that's over for you, you brave soul. If you don't mind my asking..... What was the med? Were you at home and they phoned in or were you in the clinic? How frightening that must have been. :l :goodjob:
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Phew! the detox is over!

Minty,

Way to go :yougo::yougo::yougo: You must feel so much better, having that behind you. Go for you for seeking additional therapy. Congratulations and best of luck in your upcoming journey :h

Miso :heart:

Comment

Phew! the detox is over!

:goodjob: Minty

So glad that's over for you. Been through it (with prescription painkillers) and it is just awful. Sounds like you had an extra-bad reaction too.

Good on you for sticking through it, and good luck with the cognitive therapy. I too started daily drinking to block out my negative thoughts, and started CT last September. It has really helped me and got me to point of going AF (on day 5 now).

Wishing you lots of strength as you take on the next challenge of turning those thoughts around.

:h
        Wooflet

Comment

Phew! the detox is over!

Good Mints..you really don't want to ever go thru it again..it really does suckeroo. Sounds like you have some good care going on. Medication use will improve, you will see. Its worth all the aggravation this recovery agony. it gets better, hang in there. :h

Comment

Phew! the detox is over!

Thanks all for your replies. The meds were chlordiazepoxide.First 2 days was taking 100mg, totally zonked me out and made me so ill, then 3rd day 80mg.then 40mg then last day 30mg. don't take anyy now but still feel really weak apparently to be expected for a while till I get my strength back. did it all at home as daughter took time off work but nurse called every day to check on me.
            definately going for the cognitive therapy, will try anything that may help me feel normal again. So glad to hear it's helped you wooflet. Minty xx

Comment

Phew! the detox is over!

Great job Mintytess,

I hope you continue on your road to recovery. Detox is terrible and it sounds as if you had an exceptionally difficult time of it. Onward and upward! Gabby
              Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Working...
              X