X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Monday

Today's thought is:

Do I trigger gossip?

There is a saying that listening to gossip is gossip. How true! If there were no listeners, there would never be any gossip.

Some of us who pride ourselves in refraining from gossip may still have a problem with it. It's possible we still keep ears open for any juicy gossip that could fall our way. We might also shake the tree if we believe another person has some gossip to share with us. This is done in seemingly innocent ways, sometimes just by mentioning the name of a person to another who may have strong opinions to express.

The harm of gossip lies in what we do to ourselves when we engage in it. There is no way we can continue to have spiritual growth if we practice gossip, even as passive listeners. Spiritual growth takes place within us, and it needs an environment completely free of any ill will.

Let's beware of any tendency to say things that induce others to gossip. At the same time, let's tune out gossip that seems to occur spontaneously. Gossip is the enemy of the growth we desire.

It is a real relief to know that today I have no desire to spread gossip or listen to it. This includes things I might read in magazines or newspapers.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Today's Thought - Monday

ok say no to gossip and yes to a very good life
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Today's Thought - Monday

Awesome thoughts to start a new week with. Both "heady" and simplistic at the same time. And I have actually been thinking about turning the news off for a week and you just confirmed that I need to do so.

Thanks,

Guy
      "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Today's Thought - Monday

This is an interesting topic. There was recently a report on NPR about how long ago, before we had lawyers and church, gossip was a way to keep tribes in check. People did not want to be the subject of the chatter so it was a way to keep people on the up and up. It was one of the major ways that we evolved to keep people in-line. And believe it or not women were the ones who kept the tribe in check, as men were out bringing the meat home. No one wanted to be the subject of the women's conversation while they went about their chores for the day. Don't sleep with another women's husband, or stumble around the village drunk or dress like a hussy or act like a fool or steal from the poor, or treat people wrong.

So Noelle, maybe us girls can't help ourselves....it is just in our DNA......hey PM me later, I have to tell you something....grin....

Comment

Today's Thought - Monday

good message

I love that message, how true it is, whether we are listeners or talkers, we are partaking in the gossip, deep!!

Thanks Noelle, Hope Pittsburgh is being kind to you, are the robins back and is spring sprung??

love ya!!!:l:l:h:h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
          X