X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Wednesday

Today's thought is:

Learn to say I am

We hear a lot about becoming whole. "Become a complete human being." "Start on the pathway to becoming whole." "You won't find romantic love until you know you're complete." Frankly, these kinds of comments often confused me. But then I decided that wholeness relates directly to the process of detaching - letting go.

It's admirable to go after our dreams and know what we want to accomplish. But after we identify what it is we're after, we need to let it go. We need to know in our hearts and souls that we're okay whether we ever get what we're after or not.

Another friend described it this way, "It's the old Zen Buddhist thing," he said. "When you're one with yourself, life becomes magical. You can get whatever you want."

The most powerful and magical words we can say in the language of letting go are these: I am.

Then we step it up one notch by learning to say, I am complete just as I am.

God, help me know the power of the words I am.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

I think there is a lot of wisdom here. I know I drank many times because I was not comfy with who I was. Slowly I am learning to except myself with all my flaws. I'm learning that I am okay just being me. It's like I'm getting to know a new person.

Thanks for posting this!

Ollie

Comment

i am there for i can and it will there for i try and so on so on
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Becoming the thing you are at the moment...

shifts it to something peaceful....breathing in I know that I am angry, breathing out I know that I am my anger and repeat with focus, very helpful thanks for the reminder. You are, I am.

Comment

Working...
        X