Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my first CBT session

Hi all,

Been 10 days AF now and I feel brilliant. The detox was hell but so well worth it, would recommend it to anyone. Had the CBT session with the most lovely understanding lady earlier and I feel like a different person. Can't wait for the next one.
    Sorry, getting a bit over excited here but I am so happy for a change.
    Good luck everyone.
    Minty x

Dear Minty,

Congrats on 10 days AF! That is super! I am so happy to hear all the excitement in your "voice". Keep up the great attitude! Having a great mindset will really help in the coming weeks! Always remember what you had to go through in detox....that and your great attitude will get you through this!

Wishing you all the best and happiness!
    Hugs, Bambi
    "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Minty...

You sound sooo good right now. CBT is incredibly helpful, be kind to yourself, you are making a lot of positive changes.

Comment

What is CBT if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, bambi
        "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Minty,

You sound awesome!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cognitive behavioral therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia CBT

You go girl!!!!! You must be so proud of yourself
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

Well done Minty, that's awesome!! CBT has worked wonders for me. Just be patient with yourself as you learn how to apply it, it can take time to retrain our brains to think differently which is not surprising when you think how long we've been thinking in those other, less healthy ways.

Congratulations and I look forward to hearing more.

Wooflet

Comment

:thanks: to all of you.
                Yes, I am so proud of myself but I think my family are even prouder. They say it's wonderful to have their mum back.
                I moved back from Spain last november and lived with my son and daughter in law for 3 months then found this little flat down by the river, beautiful views but I felt so isolated, everyone at work all day so I didn't see anyone. Thats when the drinking got totally out of control. I drank vodka day and night, wasn't eating and spend most of my time crying and thinking about the past.
                The medical care here is brilliant, got me straight into detox, not pleasant but well worth a week of misery and now the CBT, can't wait for the next session.
                They've offered me a free computer course, free swimming and gym pass and other activities.
                Since stopping the booze the panic attacks have greatly improved, still can't go too far on my own yet but I know I'll get there soon.
                Saw my GP yesterday (only met her 3 times as I'm new to the town) and she actually gave me a hug and said well done for all the hard work.
                Sorry, I'm rambling on now aren't I. I just feel on top of the world today.

Love to you all.

Minty.x

Comment

Hi Minty.

So pleased to hear you are doing so well. You should be very proud of yourself.

I'm at day 17 myself and feel great.

Take care

Brett.

Comment

That is awesome it is so worth it. I am on day 19 and feel better than I have in years.

Comment

Working...
                    X