Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A report just released in Australia about alcohol and cnacer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. I thought some of you may be interested in this report just released by the cancer institute in NSW Australia yesterday.

The report, Alcohol As A Cause Of Cancer, says the risk of cancer in the upper-aero digestive tract is increased by 40 per cent (voicebox) and by 75 per cent (mouth and pharynx) from two alcoholic drinks a day.

There are also some other alarming stats that came from the study.

Here is the link to the article. Even two drinks a high cancer risk - National - smh.com.au

A bit of an eye opener.

Cheers

Brett.
    18 days AF and loving it.

Thanks Fresh
    Definitely an eye opener - thanks for sharing.
    Well done on 18 days!

Comment

Well done to you my South African friend on your decision.:welcome::goodjob:

Brett.

Hermit;323734 wrote: Thanks Fresh
      Definitely an eye opener - thanks for sharing.
      Well done on 18 days!

Comment

Hey Brett
        A good friend of mine works for peter Mac as a social worker with cancer suffering people. She says alcoholics perdominantly suffer from throat and bowel
        cancer.

Anyway mate life for you is fantastic youre one lucky guy

Lots of love Danny

Comment

Thank you! Just sent this to my boys. Wish we had this kind of information available when I was their age.

:h Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I think the voicebox cancers are often linked to combination of alcohol and smoking. A very bad combination.

Comment

I lost a very dear uncle to throat cancer and to say he drank very heavy for years is an understatment. He had to use an electronic voice box to speak. And because they had to cut a hole in his thoat, he had to have a feeding tube put into is stomach. We had to pour meal replacement shakes into the tube every day. It was awful what he went through, but let's face it, he did to himself. He chose to do nothing but drink which caused him to have a very sad life. He had such a big heart and I still miss him dearly.

Brett, thank you for bringing this vital information to the masses. I hope people give it some close attention.

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
              X