Even in Africa Mother's Day is more than precious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came back from the Tanzanian bush today. Did not even know that it was around the time of year that the Western world calls Mothers day till I bought the local newspaper. My friends were talking about Kenya's situation and Tanzania in their biggest fraud scandal that has cost the normal individual an increase of over 300% to buy a simple litter of Karazin to light a simple stove each night to make dinner, but coming into town I did was buy the East African newspaper to catch up with the news. I readily give to those I can. Not the Cons. I try to make sure that they hide the money safely so they dont get mugged on the road home. The young kids, sniffing glue and out for a buck don't have my support but the old , blind ady with a daughter with an out streatched arm, searching for a genuine meal can have my last dime. Anyway what I am trying to say is:~

Last night I gazed up at the Milky Way, the Southern Cross, the small moon. I gazed, and thought of my maternal mum who died of cancer in my house and my step mum who wiped my nose and made me the person I am but also died of cancer. All I felt was an incredible hold and believe in God, my reason for being here and the certainty that I would never have had the ability to have felt these two things without these two wonderful mothers that God gave me life and hope. Pushed me to follow my dreams even though a lot of nasties followed ~ and who through my Guardian Angels ensured I'd understood why I was here. They gave me my path, however bad the path seemed, they set me up on the starting block and said " GO.".

Last year a friend of mine told me that Mothers' Day was simply a commercial day made up by the Western World to make money. I disagree. Whatever arguments or hassels have befallen us, what ever traumas, it is a fact of life that we would not be here without our mums. The rest is up to us. Whatever arguments I had with both my MUMs, both of them know I love them to bits and more. My mum by birth tried to abort me and I was born with all sorts of complications, my second Mum picked up the pieces and supported me when others laughted. She made sure I had the strength when I went to a UK school and the kids made fun of me. All I spoke before going to the UK was Swahili.

Anyway.... long story. Not the time.
    What I am trying to say is simple.
    Turn all the lights off in your house. Walk out, into your garden even if it is only a few yards wide. Look up at the stars, look up at the gallaxy and talk to your gaurdian and ask him or her to talk back.

They will.
    XXXOOO
    A BushBaby with Attitude

That was beautiful, Elizabeth. Thank you for that wonderful and inspiring post.

Namaste, my friend.

MM
    Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Thank you Elizabeth, that was really beautiful.

Wooflet

Comment

Elizabeth,
        God bless you! Our Mama's are riding rain drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Elizabeth (which happens to be my favorite name) -

I liked your post. I commend you for your understanding/forgiveness and for going deeper than most people do.

Namaste

Comment

Thank you Elizabeth for sharing that. It was lovely.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Elizabeth

It is 7 am here in London and your moving and meaningful post has been an inspiring start to my day.
              I feel more humble and also more blessed as I survey my own life.
              It is daytime, there are no stars, but I'll still be looking and listening skywards on my walk to work. I too believe in guardian angels.

thank you
              Anna :h:h
              IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
              Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Elizabeth,

As always, your words inspire and move me deeply. Thank you for taking the time to share. I am certain that you are protected by your guardian angels as you walk your life. Be safe and blessed!

Best
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Wow!!! I have goose bumps thank you for making me feel this way. I stare at the stars all the time but now i will be looking for my guardian angle and hopefully something will twickle back at me to say i am here and i am looking after you.
                  Thank you for sharing your experience it mean so much to me.
                  I am the author of my life.

Comment

Elizabeth,

I, too, got goosebumps reading your post. Thank you.

My daughter got married Sunday, on Mother's Day here in the U.S.

The photographer took pictures of the generations together.

There is one, my 84 year old mother, me, 51 years old, my 26 year old daughter and her 5 year old daughter all with our arms around each other in a chain of life.

No matter which one of us leaves our bodies first, the love will linger forever and the ones left here will know it will always be there.

You are blessed, Elizabeth, and so am I.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cindi
                      I've just come back from the bush and read your note. It touched my heart like you would not believe.
                      My birth Mum had a simple birth mark on the end of her nose. Like a tiny mark from a felt tip pen. I was born with the same mark, but on the top left hand side of my forehead. We talked about it before she died and how only I, out of three daughters inherited it. Its not like I was/am special but it was weird because we had the same strengths and dreams even though we did not have contact between my 4 and 21 year. We both also inherited the same faults when it comes to booze. I made a big mistake early in life and lost my child, but my sister had a beautiful daughter who I did not have the pleasure of seeing at birth because I was in Kenya, but met for the first time 2 years ago. She is the most MAGIC soul ever and my older sister says has the wild but gutsy character of her aunt (me) and her Grand Mother (our Mum).

Confusing yes... but what I am trying to say is this. Family lives on. It can exit for those like me who break the line. You are truly gifted with 4 generations in one life, instead of spending several lives experiencing them. YOU ARE MAGIC. xxx
                      A BushBaby with Attitude

Comment

I cried happy tears as I read your post.Last Sunday I did a church service dedcaited to Moms and Grandmoms while still on AL,,,,,,Next year I will do it and remember every sober word I say .Blessings to AL you Moms!!!! Evie
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                        X