Hi Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

I just found this site last night and I think its great. I am now nine days sober but my sobriety has always been up and down. Tried everything to stop and I always seem to end up binge drinking. This time my goal is to stay sober for 30 days. I am doing this by just being quiet, living each day as it comes.

My last big binge was awful especially the aftermath where I had shakes, sickness and hallucinations - something I never want to go through again. I would like to moderate my drinking and once I can afford it I will send off for all the tools but until then I look forward to hearing from any members. I need support!

I live in England and where I live there doesn't seem to be a lot of after care. Apparently if you are on drugs and alchohol you are okay - they will look after you - just alchohol forget it. I have a regular meeting on a Wednesday afternoon where we are trying to set up a meeting for those who have been through detox and the aftercare that has been offered - we want to offer support and friendship. But we need other support as well and I thin this site may well fill in a gap for me.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Linda

PS: If anyone would like a buddy in their early days I would love to hear from them as I think having a buddy to become sober with would be great.

Hi Everyone

Welcome Linda - from another Brit. This site is WONDERFUL for support and the program offers a load of other tools to help with sobriety or moderation. I've been here a while and I am no way out of the woods but my whole attitude to drinking has changed for the better and my days without alcohol are growing.

There will be plenty of others on later in the day to welcome you, offer advice and almost certainly someone to buddy up as other parts of the world wake up!

Bessie x

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi Linda,

Another Brit here, Scottish actually.
      Glad you found us. I've been here 19 months and it's a great place for advice and support.
      I hope you find what you need.

Comment

Hi Everyone

Welcome

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hello Linda, hope you get better. :l

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi Linda :welcome:

I know how you feel, I was so excited to find this site last month. I went AF on May 1 and doing well thanks to the support here.

There are a number of threads to support those who want to start their AF journey - join one or more and you'll find people to buddy up with. A couple to check out are the "day 1-30 hello sober living" thread in the general discussion section and the "fireworks" thread in the just starting out section.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Wooflet

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi Linda, another Brit here ..........

:welcome:, I've been here 19 months as well, this place is amazing .......

Keep us posted on your journey .........

BB xx
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Hi Everyone

Linda ~ welcome! This is a great site. I too coudl get the meds or tools when I got here and I've managed to get to day 139 AF. So keep the faith! All is possible.

Read and post a lot. There is a wealth of support and inspiration here.

Good luck! We are here for you.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                X