feeling stronger everyday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On day 15 AF now and feeling absolutely great. I've had no cravings what so ever so far, am on campral though. I did tell my nurse that I didn't feel I needed them but she said to be on the safe side I should try them anyway. Started them Saturday with no ill effects at all.
    It took me six years to get to the state I was in before the detox. The last three months is the first time in my life when I've actually lived on my own, a new town, no friends (still haven't, apart from my son and daughter in law) but I feel at peace with myself now.

Up to 15 days ago I could easily get through a bottle of vodka a day, sometimes more. I was SO lonely, depressed, cried most of the time, had severe panic attacks so didn't go out for weeks. Might sound stupid but maybe getting in such a state was a blessing in disguise...something just seemed to "click" one day and I thought this has to stop.

My 3 kids have been so very supportive, they keep telling me how great it is to have their mum back again. I'm geting phone calls and emails congratulating me, it's brilliant. I don't feel at all embarssed about talking about it (actually thought I would) but i find it helps, it is an illness after all. one from which we're all trying to recover from.

The panic has improved and depression have improved no end and I'm now able to go out again, usually have someone with me but couldn't have done that a few weeks ago.

My daughter and boyfriend came through yesterday and she was actually in tears. I'd braved it and been to the hairdressers, bought some new clothes and put some make up on. ( something I haven't bothered with for a long time) She was so emotional, just couldn't believe the difference in such a short time. We went for a lovely walk along the river bank then sat in a pub garden for a couple of hours. I had absolutely no craving for AL. Had 3 lovely glasses of fresh orange.

We came back here, had dinner and I have to say it was one of the best days i've had in a very long time.

I 'm just so sorry I've put my kids through this but hopefully I can make it up to them and be the mum they deserve.

Wishing all of you the best and thank you for your support.

Love Minty. xx

awesmoe job 15 days keep it going.. you sound so strong and positive.
    peace and god bless
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Minty
      15 days....good for you...
      Sounds like you have a great support system, and I am smiling while reading your post.......you sound so happy.......
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Had another good day and glad I made you smile Char.
        Minty xx

Comment

You are sounding sooooo good! I am so happy for you! What a positive change in you already.

I am very happy you have an awesome support system. It really does make a world of difference when a person is ready to start fighting this problem.

Keep us posted!

Comment

COngrats!

15 days is awesome! So glad you are feeling well and hanging in! May you have many more days such as this one!

Blessings and warm wishes,

Love and Light,
            FROGZ~

Comment

Great job on 15 days! It sounds like you had such a lovely day. I love days like that-when you can just let go and have fun existing. Keep up the good work-you are an inspiration!

Ollie

Comment

15 days is great. So glad you are doing so well. Remember this feeling and it will remind you how great being AF is.

Congratulations

Comment

You are making it up to your beautiful kids as we speak Hon xxx
                  Congratulations on all those AF days and for looking at your future as a beaken of light. Grasp onto your future and don't look back !!!
                  We are here to root you on !!! You go Mintytess !!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

:goodjob: I feel better each day I am AF too. It really is great.

Comment

That is so awesome Minty, congratulations. It is so lovely to hear how happy you are and how much progress you've made in such a short time. Please keep us updated.

Wooflet

Comment

You sound so happy. That's fantastic! Great job on those 15 days!!

You should journal these emotions and whenever you need a "pick-me-up" read about how pleased you are with your life right now.

Keep up the great work!

Love, Me
                        :l
                        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                        X