Using drink tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using drink tracker

Just some thoughts. If you do use it, do you think it helps? And how do you use it? Is one drink marked as 1 or do you do it by units? Do you put entries in ahead of the current day as a statement of intent? Are you always honest?!! And what does the red line round a day square mean?

Bessie xx

Using drink tracker

Hi Bessie

I use the drink tracker. I find it satisfying to go in each morning and put a big fat zero in for the day before (I'm on day 13 AF, committed to 30 days). I've not tried to moderating yet but I'd imagine it is as good a place as any to keep track of things, although you seem to have a pretty good system going. No dog days on the drink tracker!

To answer your questions I would say that one drink is marked as one, although I guess you could use it either way. In terms of a statement of intent you can say that you intend to moderate or abstain on certain days or for a certain period, and the drink tracker will colour those future days in accordingly (blue = moderating, yellow = abstaining, brown = neither). As I've been successful for the 12 AF days I have been honest. I like to think I would be even if I slipped up, otherwise it would defeat the point in using it I guess. The red line means it is your start date (you can tick a check box to nominate your start date). If you look at my entry I've committed to going AF for the month of May, I started on 1 May, and I've done 12 days AF thus far.

Hope that helps!

Wooflet

Comment

Using drink tracker

Before I found this site and was trying to be AF, I marked AF days on a calendar - I obviously have a nerdy need to write things down. :H

Drinktracker taught me something that I wasn't aware of about my pattern of drinking, which is that if I have a drink I then drink for the next five, six, seven days in a row. Seeing it written down made me realise that. So I now know that if I choose to have one drink, I will be drinking/drunk for a week. That knowledge is helping me stay sober at the moment.

As for honesty - yes! I don't see the point otherwise.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Using drink tracker

I've always gone by units. I suppose it doesn't matter as long as you know yourself how much you mean as at the end of the day its not meant to be there as a comparison against how others are doing!
        I find it helpful in that I can look back and see exactly what I've had/not had. Before it felt like a fog and if I had a bad few days I'd just give up. Now it helps me to focus on what I want to achieve for myself. I love it when I can put in a big fat 0!
        Eviexx
        Jesus said"Come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
        Take My yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
        For my yolk is easy and My burden is light
        "

Comment

Using drink tracker

Before it felt like a fog and if I had a bad few days I'd just give up. Now it helps me to focus on what I want to achieve for myself. I love it when I can put in a big fat 0!
          Thats precisely how it helps me and I am hoping that patterns will emerge too. It's a good tool. I love seeing a row of zeros. And feel so bad if I have to put in a number instead.

I think the question about being honest was probably a bit pointless, sorry! Nobody is going to say they are not and there would be no point in not being honest!

Thanks all.

Bessie xx

Comment

Using drink tracker

Hi Bessie, I do use the drink tracker, but I just put in what I drink for the day. (ODAT) It's easy for me to just put the numbers in since I'm a beer drinker.

What was really scary was plugging those same numbers in my calorie counter!! I was almost 1000 calories over on Sunday just because of the beer!!--Ouch

I was also wondering if Codemonkey can see the future--he has some entries for next week already!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Using drink tracker

Drink tracker has helped me see what I'm drinking. I'm honest about my drinks too. I put in yesterday's numbers this morning and it encourages me to keep it up, of course I just started doing this, but I like seeing zero's on there. It's kinda like gold stars I would get in kindergarten.
              SuperBernie

Comment

Working...
              X