X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Hi Evie,

Just awake and saw your thread.

DT's are serious as are seizures, both can be lethal. There is no way around it, you need a doctor.
    If you have someone with you at home you may be able to ride it out at home but not with out the appropriate medication to prevent further siezures.

This is a medical emergency. PLEASE call for some help.

magic xxxxx
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Evielou, where are you? You are leaving us nervous here.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Evie,

I agree with all of the above. This is a serious medical condition that can result in death. One other solution is this: Is there someone that you are close, who would protect your confientiality who lives in another city. Perhaps you could go stay with that person and get medical attention there. I understand you wanting to protect your reputation and job, but not at the risk of yourlife.

Love and support,

Best
        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Thank You every one. I am so greatful for all your replies and I am taking your advise. I have help here with me and I know that you will soon hear from a sober Evielou that will do her best to help others. God Bless you all. Evielou
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

God bless you Evie. So glad to hear you have help look after your'e beautiful soul.
            Love
            Cap

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Oh Evie,

I'm so glad to hear it.

The medication will help with all the effects of withdrawal and you will feel SO much better!

You must trust me on this. :l

magic xxxx
              ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
              I am in the next seat.
              My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Evie, logged on late today. Sorry.

I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You are not alone as we can lend you an ear or a shoulder, but we can not administer medical advise. What might work for some may not work for you.

I glad you have someone there you can confide in. Please get the professional help that you need. Get to a detox center (call it a 'retreat') out of town if you can. Your withdrawals need to be supervised.

We are here for you. Best of luck to you. Please keep us informed.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Evie - Hope you are home from the doctor, on meds and sleeping.

Some docs will want to IV valium under supervision.
                  Others will give you a prescription for librium tablets.
                  You will still feel really groggy and it may take 4 - 7 days to feel like yourself.
                  Be patient and let your body heal.

Update us after a bit of rest.

Dx
                  * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Evie - sending you so many blessings..... Hang in there. Keep someone with you at all times, just be ready for wobbly moments and big ups and downs over the next fews days as the alcohol leaves the system but these days DO pass. Then you can get to work on that sober Evie and get your feet back on the ground.... You sound lovely. And you are so worth it. You're going to feel so much better soon. In case it helps (like it helped me), keep your sugar up for a few days.....then it can come down again gradually. (Alcohol is quick sugar for the body and part of the craving is acutally for sugar....and sugar is just fine for a wee while.)

Hugs
                    FMS xx
                    :heart: c: :heart:
                    "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Wishing you well Evie

Comment

WITHDRAWL PLEASE HELP

Oh Evie, I SO FEEL FOR YOU! My last binge, I thought I was dying for sure. I hope you are feeling better now.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                        X