It's been awhile...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been awhile...

Hi all! Thought I'd post and check in with everybody. Have been taking the topa for 3 days now, and have had the supps for about 2 weeks. Boy. The supps sure take the edge off!!
    I see a counselor every 2 weeks, and shared with her my plan to moderate my drinking with the help of this program, and all the help of you good folks out there!
    I was a little pissed, even though she said she was in full support of me and my choice, that there is a fine line between having the disease a alcoholism and having been an alcohol abuser. I'm not sure what about it pissed me off really.
    I choose to drink or not drink. To have 3 beers, or to polish off the entire 18 pack.
    I don't want to take the "out" That I am a victim of a disease.
    Not that I'm in denial that true alcoholism exists, don't get me wrong. Oh well. Thanks for letting me vent!! :thanks: I think I am debeloping "the stupids " from the topa. Is that possible only after 3 days??? Thanks everyone!! And good job to all the AF ers out there:goodjob:

It's been awhile...

Topa

Interesting thought, Sweet. Gives one something to ponder: the disease of alcoholism, or an alcohol abuser (sounds nasty!!) - or should we say problem drinker or alcohol dependent. Alot of terms to describe the situation! I agree that we make the choice to drink or not drink, but I think once we start on the first one, something clicks in our brains, and then our judgement becomes skewed and our ability to make the wise choice is affected, leading us to often make the choice which leads to more alcohol consumption - which is what we want to cut back on or eliminate in the first place when we are thinking clearly! Hmmmm...... talk about a muddled brain!

Haven't tried the Topa - I'm scared of getting that dopey brain. I have to be able to think straight at work here!!! But there are a couple on this site who have ordered it on line - I'm curious to know how it will go for them!
    Good luck with everything!
    Peanut

Comment

Working...
    X