So I am a drunk but DH is divorcing b/c of e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious Kate how long have you been sober and what were you before big drinker or subtle I think I have a problem type just interested

Comment

Maybe you have to accept he will have certain reactions/feeling that he will express. It can feel nasty when someone else gets upset and it's hard to take but sometimes we have to think WHY are they reacting like this - perhaps we did something wrong or perhaps they are acting completely out of turn. For the latter you need to remember you cannot control someone elses behaviour - only your own. To get upset is natural but don't hide behind things.

Hardest thing I found was facing up to things that had gone wrong over the last few years - partly due to my drinking and MY behaviour but also fed by other situations and people. I then was able to come to terms with certain issues and circumstance and realise some of the bad stuff was actually good for me in the long term.

I was devistated at the end of a relationship last year. I know can see that relationship was keeping me at low esteem, being on my own has meant I had to do things for myself - things I am proud of and have gained such confidence. As a result I was able to take responsibility for my drinking, admit to rehab and undergo a spiritual change. My ex wouldn't recognise me now - I also know I should not have put up with his behaviour for so long (even before my drinking became a problem for us).

So, try your best - for you and your husband. That's all you can do, take things easy problems aren't always solved overnight.

Comment

CaptJ,
        I am not sure what you are asking me. But, I have been a non-drinker for nearly 5 months. I had been a drinker for more than 30 years, to some degree or another. Over the past, 15 years or so, drinking wreaked havoc on my life. I paid many heavy prices for my drinking. I also made all of the "excuses" that I called "reasons" in order to continue drinking. I finally, decided to take action to stop the madness. I found MWO, read the book, designed my program and went to work on working it! I can honestly say, this is not easy, but it gets far easier with time and life is so much better without alcohol!

If I can do this, anyone can!
        xx Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Bingo. I mentioned something about legality earlier. With a divorce issue at hand you have to be careful what you put in print. As I become less concerned with that I become less cautious. But this isn't about me. Just take note.

Oops. this is about Beatle's reply
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
          X