Bear quotes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear quotes ...

I could screw it up easily, but I have tried to put in safeguards to prevent me from losing my mind and drinking. (1) I have y’all to call before I take a drink. (2) I can pray for knowledge and direction. (3) I can come to this site and get help with my predicament. (4) I can read something spiritual if I feel the need to have a drink. And (5) I can make a list, on paper, of the pro’s and con’s of drinking today. This list of 5 things I need to have with me in my pocket in case I feel the need to have a drink today. Not things I need to have in my head, because when I am far enough gone to think I need to have a drink, I am not in my right mind enough to remember them. I need to have these written down and placed into my billfold so I can remember to get to them before I drink. I also have to add (6) If all these fail, get drunk. It is always an option I have to consider.
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Bear quotes ...

keeta;326949 wrote: I could screw it up easily, but I have tried to put in safeguards to prevent me from losing my mind and drinking. (1) I have y?all to call before I take a drink. (2) I can pray for knowledge and direction. (3) I can come to this site and get help with my predicament. (4) I can read something spiritual if I feel the need to have a drink. And (5) I can make a list, on paper, of the pro?s and con?s of drinking today. This list of 5 things I need to have with me in my pocket in case I feel the need to have a drink today. Not things I need to have in my head, because when I am far enough gone to think I need to have a drink, I am not in my right mind enough to remember them. I need to have these written down and placed into my billfold so I can remember to get to them before I drink. I also have to add (6) If all these fail, get drunk. It is always an option I have to consider.
      Keeta...This is the one I printed out and put in my hand bag....when I read it now, it makes me cry, still cant believe it....

Love
      Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

Bear quotes ...

He also said these quotes,
        "Thanks for letting me be a part of the big picture"
        And
        Last year he wrote... (about being sober)
        "This is probably the best anniversary gift I have ever given my wife"
        (That makes me cry as this anniversary he was buried) Sob...

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Thank you Niblet. Yesterday was so hard. We chose a headstone. It is my hands holding his heart with two white roses in front. He is my soul mate. Peopple say the soul mate left behind doesn't live long because they lose their heart. My daughter told me I will be okay because Bear loved me so much he left his heart here to make me stronger. My quote is very personal. "After all this time, I think I'm falling in love with you again. I appreciate the way you always take care of me. You never judge me. You just love me the way I am." That's the way he loved all of you.

KNOW you are loved,
          Bear Lady
          Loving Bear Forever:wings:

"I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~ Helen Keller

Comment

Bear quotes ...

BearLady,

I am celebrating my 10yr anniversary this month and your personal quote touched me.
            What wonderful love you have shared. So many go thru life not ever feeling that kind of special love.

Thank you for the reminder to cherish the important things in life.

Dx
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Bear Lady, that is absolutely beautiful.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Bear quotes ...

What I always heard and will always remember. "Everything will be ok, Even when it's not ok It will be ok" Mom had it put on the headstone.

In CHRIST BearJr.:h
                "'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.' Romans 12:2"

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Bearlady, Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Your words are so obviously from your heart and truly beautiful. I know you must be in enourmous pain right now. It is always seemingly impossible to go on when one looses their soul mate. But, knowing just a little bit about how much Bear loved you and your family, I know that he will help you through this time. He will give you the strength to be happy again and the loving matriarch of your family to your children and grand children.

Love & Strength,
                  XXX Kate
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Bearlady

I am also new here and regretfully never had the honour or the pleasure to speak to your Beloved Bear, but I can allmost feel all the love shining from him and reaching out to you from everyone here
                    He must have been one helluva big soul and I am sure he will walk with you all the days of your life
                    I posted a poem which was read at my Grandads funeral Together it was called
                    But the one that touched me most was this

Deep peace of the running wave to you
                    Deep peace of the flowing air to you
                    Deep peace of the quiet air to you
                    Deep peace of the shining stars to you
                    Deep peace of Christ, the Son of Peace come to you
                    and the Blessings of God Almighty, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, be upon you
                    and remain with you always.

I hope I am not intruding by posting this, your family must be so proud of him

Comment

Bear quotes ...

Oh Fairyfeet How could such beatiful words ever be an intrusion? Thank you. I need to hear all of God's promises now. It helps keep me focused on Him not myself. I am not strong enough without God's strength flowing through me. If not for Him, I would, in the words of my daughter, be a puddle on the floor.

Know you are loved,
                      Bear Lady
                      Loving Bear Forever:wings:

"I am only one but still I am one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~ Helen Keller

Comment

Bear quotes ...

"I finally have my life back. I can be happy again. I am a person of worth, and God has seen fit to give me another chance. I am so thankful for this site, RJ, and all of you. If it weren?t for these things I might still be on that elevator with the same old plan of jumping, just on impact." He was truly happy, and so grateful to be alive.
                        In all things first give glory to the Lord.
                        Mrs. BearJr :armsaround:

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

Comment

Working...
                        X