Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get a grip...

Popeye,
    Sorry to hear about the vodka bout........
    what we can give to others is greater than what we can take from ourselves...
    love you
    rudemama

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Hey Pops, I hope you're feeling better today. As someone said, merely a speed bump. We are only human and life/death sometimes hits us right between the choppers and sometimes it's easy (perhaps necessary?) just to try to "opt out" for a little while. You know you are not going back to where you were. Look how quickly you realised that, okay, you had a drink (or 10) but that's over with now so put it behind you and march on. In fact, a good plate of stovies would do you no harm my friend.

You are a good man with a good heart...... you'll be fine.

Take care.

:l

Comment

I need to get a grip...

what we can give to others is greater than what we can take from ourselves...
        Trust me, I'm not being mean, but could you explain this? It sounds good but I'm Dah tonight.
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I need to get a grip...

I remember that argument. It's the one I always had with my vehicle when going by a liquor store. No matter how hard I pulled the opposite way on the steering wheel, the car would somehow always turn into the parking lot. Next thing I know, I am drinking a vodka with fruit/vegetable juice (I was a health conscious drunk).

Comment

I need to get a grip...

what we can give to others is greater than what we can take from ourselves..
            Noelle;326849 wrote: Trust me, I'm not being mean, but could you explain this? It sounds good but I'm Dah tonight.
            Noelle, I believe it is a reference to an edict in the 12 step program.

From my POV if you will, the group we choose to be our home group will be like a spiritual savings account. The more we can invest in it through our care and sharing, the greater the dividends it will pay.

It is important that we find ways to give of whom that we are in service to something greater than ourselves. This is how we abide by the spiritual economic law to never take more than we give.

My interpretation of a very powerful thought.
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Thanks, I get what you said. However, being in the mood I'm in right now, what if you have nothing to give? Sorry, sorry.....

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Noelle, :l

We all have something to give, always.
                m. xxx
                ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                I am in the next seat.
                My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Thanks Magic......but right now I have nothing left.......unfortunately, no big deal.....right now. Tomorrow will be another day, right? :upset:

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Hey Noelle,

The real beauty of that statement is though you may not have something to give at the moment, I do! I hope you find some peace tonight - Hugs!

J*
                    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                    Watch this and find out....
                    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Hey Noelle,

So do I, I'll just pass along what you just gave to Nibs..........:l

m. xxx
                      ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                      I am in the next seat.
                      My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Noelle;326875 wrote: Thanks, I get what you said. However, being in the mood I'm in right now, what if you have nothing to give? Sorry, sorry.....
                        Then you surrender!

been there, got the tee shirt, Sam

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Stay strong my loely, for yourself, your wonderful woman, and most importantly that daughter you are raising together. I have slipped over the edge since learninng of his passing, but to whose good ? Trying to be a better person thoiugh his simple, plain spoken way of getting to the truth. Truth, it really is what it's all about
                          hugs my Lovelies
                          Mar

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Hi Popeye

What is going on do you think?
                            Why vodka?
                            Are you depressed or was it just the game?

I have only seen such posts from you recently so I am really curious what changes you have gone through in last 6 months.

Comment

I need to get a grip...

OMG Popeye,,,,,I'm so sorry I hijacked your thread, I didn't mean to...but I so understand how you feel, okay?

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Popeye,

I think you are wise to be inspired by RJ's words about Bear. I have great faith in you.

Comment

Working...
                                X