I need to get a grip...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get a grip...

Popeye, at least you were feeling horrible enough that you don't want to repeat the experience anytime soon. I wish for you better than that. Be strong.
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Hi popeye,

Reading your post today the one thing that stood out for me is that you said
      you are quite content to carry on being sober...That is a good sign to feel contented you will get that back again and next time you will be a lot stronger in yourself. you can do this again.
      All the best.

Love
      Teardrop.x
      family is everything to me

Comment

I need to get a grip...

Thanks for the kind words,

Noelle....No problem

Nancy....A hell of a lot has happened over the last year or so, but I'm not depressed; not clinically at least. I'm getting a divorce. I've been living with my brother in less than ideal circumstances. I've been moving around a lot. I was staying with my dad for a few months. I have been seperated from the love of my life for four months. After having the best four months of my life with her, I'm having the worst without her. Because I've been moving around, I haven't had any work for a while. I have ?2.20 in my pocket to do me till Monday; I spent my money on vodka. I've not been eating properly. My son (22) has taken the break up real bad and doesn't mind telling me when he's had a few too many. The list goes on...
        But I refuse to be bowed. The good side is amazing. I'm going to be with my baby next week and I'm staying there. My daughter recently gave birth to a lovely wee laddie; a brother for his equally gorgeous sister. I've only been drunk once in the last month.
        I've always been an optimist; some may say a dreamer, but I'm determined not to feel sorry for myself, knowing things will turn around.
        I can't understand why I got so hammered. I'm obviously a work in progress, as has been said, but I'm keeping going; to become that vibrant and healthy individual That RJ spoke of and that my lady loves.
        I have been blessed and I know it.
        Day 2 AF and smiling.

Comment

I need to get a grip...

good luck to you Popye, sounds like things are a bit shit right now, but it seems your looking at it all from the glass half full prespective! Good on you mate and it will all fall into place im sure.

Comment

I need to get a grip...

You will be home shortly; smile and know you are loved.

Comment

Working...
            X