Scared Sober by a Salesman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginning day 4 and feeling GREAT!!!I had a nightmare that I was drinking and woke up screaming NO NO NO NEVER AGAIN. I believe that.I know it sounds cocky but I believe it is TRUE. After 16 yrs. AF something snapped and I had to fight fight fight to save my life.When I talked to the AA based counselor (salesman) he made me SOOOOOO mad that something snapped again and that made me know I was DONE DRINKING, so I guess I can thank him (AA) in a way for getting me sober.I know ME and I am not letting AL win ever again.I see him DEAD and I shoveled huge boulders in his grave and then 6 ft. of dirt on top.I am calling my Lawyer to change my Will and leave my Estate to AL research. I was going to leave it to the Church ,but you all are my new family and I want my lifes labor to help others like us. Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Wow, that must have been some dream.
    Good for you on the decision!

Comment

The dreams............... OH, I remember them sooooo well when coming off of alcohol. Holy smokes were they vivid and really scary at times.

They will subside.

Comment

Evie,

It is great to hear you sounding so well and so resolved! Oh! those dreams.....been there done that! I have also had those days when I woke up thinking I was hungover and feeling awful only to become truly awake and realize that I had not had any alcohol and I was fine!!!! What a relief!! When I think about it, perhaps these times when our minds are left to wander, we are reinforcing our love of sobriety and fear of AL......could be!

Anyway, enjoy your day, stay strong.......

xx Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Good for you Evie. Kick that salesman's butt right out the door and help yourself (and others) in the way you choose.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Congratulations on Day 4, Evie!

You have the right attitude!!! Be done with AL and the constant battle....

I think we get to the point where we just have had enough.....we're tired of struggling everyday....tired of our lives being scheduled around our drinking...tired of the whole damn thing...

It's much easier to just quit, instead of having to keep quitting....

You sound good.....keep it up...

Don

Comment

Evie-

You are doing so well! Good for you! I have had 2 drinking dreams since becoming AF. The first was on the night following my intitial visit at Lenair and the 2nd was last night. GO AWAY AL!!!!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
              X