Almost chickened out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost chickened out...

OK, I am gonna do a 30 starting today. I almost didn't post this because I am not feeling sure of myself today. I mostly want to commit to healing some things and AL while a sometimes welcome escape isn't helping me heal. I thank it. It has at times gotten me through, but it is time to change my relationship with it.

I recently started dating someone and she is a pretty good drinker also, but I don't think she has the problems with it that I do. Whenever I see someone after a long hiatus all I want to do is drink and eat and screw, complete hedonism, and the 3 almost always have gone together. I am a bit nervous trying to be with someone and not be drinking, but I would like to try it. I could consider is an anthropological study. Thinking of things as an experiment always helps me gain perspective. Thank you all for this wonderful space, just writing here is clarifying and healing sometimes.

I am off to a meditation/spiritual workshop this weekend, so sobriety there should be fairly easy. I do have to attend a friend's 50th B-day party Sat night though and that might be hard, but I think the thought of the workshop Sun morning will keep me sober.

After this weekend, I just want to check in regularily on this so I don't feel so alone. I ask you kindly to wish me well and thank you in advance. Thanks All Love.

Almost chickened out...

Out, Good Luck! You can do it. Just take it one step at a time. I like your idea of conducting this as an experiment!

Ollie

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Thanks Ollie...

Sometimes we all need a cheerleader. Your support really means a lot to me. You made my day...what color are your pom-poms?

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Out, I wish you luck! Be strong, keep checking in and if you need support we are all here.

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Thanks Gia...

I think I'm changing my mood to devilish too after seeing your post!

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Haha! It must be the spring air...

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Good luck to you Out. Have a great weekend!!!
              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Oh my...

and just when I thought your avatar couldn't get any hotter...I am definately wicked today even although it is rainy and icky in my part of the world...so I don't think it's the spring air...I think it is just us-)

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Thanks Dexterhead...

Love the Gloria Gainer song quote!

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Gia: is your avatar Angelina Jolie from the movie "Gia"? Good movie ...
                    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Almost chickened out...

It is Angelina..but not from the movie. That was a good movie though...

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Out, wishing you luck with this ............ you CAN do it .........

BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Out, join us on the 30 day thread if you like!!!! You got my backing!!!!!!
                          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Good luck Out! We're cheering for you.
                            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Almost chickened out...

Thanks all. I will join the 30 day thread, thanks for pointing it out to me brittzak

Comment

Working...
                              X