People R Drinking Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People R Drinking Again.

The last couple of weeks people at my AA meeting admitted to using again after months of sobriety...its going on even here...seems more so since warmer weather has approached. I never said I had wine last weekend, although the urge is stronger than ever since giving in. Have (1) last Anger class and counseling has been reduced to every two weeks now, Trust is returning, I am going :xxx: insane! What am I doing?????

People R Drinking Again.

I swear it is the changing of the seasons...

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

I am opposite....warmer weather brings sobriety for me...winter...UH, i wanna drink it is so freaking depressing
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

Rippy!! I think you are phsychic!!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

Britt,
          I have to agree with you on that one.... cold weather and grey skies are just so depressing to me personally! I know some people love that, but I must have that lack of sunlight/ depression thing!

When I lived in North Carolina (dont laugh all of you Northerners) I had to buy a heat lamp! I couldnt stand that January through April!
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

Sorry y'all......I'll drink anytime, anywhere. I wish I could say it was the weather though, but no can do. Sorry.

Rip, you'll be okay, you're not going insane. If you were, you wouldn't know it.

:h
            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

RIP, you're the saniest person I know! Hang in there.........we still have to do Vegas!

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

It is what it is... if you want sobriety you will find it...
                if you want to lose wt. it doesn't matter what diet you follow...
                priority ... finding yourself ... getting better ... acceptance ...
                rational emotive behavioral therapy REBT...
                most of us don't stop and think why we're drinking ... it just is. getting past it is difficult.
                I'm a problem drinker... give me a problem and I'll drink over it. That's my solution...
                Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

I found I ALWAYS drank more around my time of the month(sorry guys) and whenever the seasons changed. Didn't matter what season it was changing to or from.

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

I think it's also a full moon now, isn't? At least it is about there where I live.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

Prest,
                      I actually researched that this year....winter gets so depressing for me.... All the things I LOVE, gardening being #1, I can't, but sitting under a sun lamp, even 30 minutes a day helps!
                      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

I'm with Noelle--I can always find a reason to drink. Drink because I'm sad; drink because I'm in a good mood; have a Margarita because it's hot; have some red wine or a toddy to warm up when it's cold. I'm recognizing there will always be an excuse, but there are always negative consequences, too. AL only mades the sadness worse and destroys the happiness.

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

For me when I was drinking heavily, I never needed an excuse. I had one each and every, single day.

Now that I have worked on myself over the last year and a half, I found, that about 4 days before my 'time of the month' and after several dark/dreary days in a row, I tend to obsess about it more.

Yesterday, after coming home from the park with my kid I had a sudden strong urge. It was so nice out, I had just cleaned up my deck at home, and thought; it would be soooo nice to have a couple of drinks out on it. It passed.

Ripple, if you were going insane, you wouldn't know it. You are being 'challenged' at the moment. Don't give in. Your two small glasses of wine last week was nothing in comparison to what you have achieved thus far. Stay strong!

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

Maisie so true "AL only maKes the sadness worse and destroys the happiness". PS what fantastic cats I love cats
                            Love Cap

Comment

People R Drinking Again.

Last year I did very well, the first 4 months of this year not so much. Truth is I like to drink, don't have to have a reason. My hard wireing is that way. i am trying to reprogram.
                              Mar

Comment

Working...
                              X