how was the brit meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how was the brit meet

Hey guys how did it go ??? UK weather???? "good" any pics being a paddy who wishes he could be there:upset:
    Love Cap

how was the brit meet

Capn. what's a paddy? I wanted to go too. isn't it like 4 a.m. down there?:H:H
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

how was the brit meet

A lost irishman dex yea its late we cant sleep down here

Comment

how was the brit meet

Hey dex if you are able to see a film about us paddies I'M sure you have one at youre local video shop "the wind that shakes the Barley". the IRA have me posted here for the moment LOL

Love cap
        gun runner for the IRA NOT

Comment

how was the brit meet

I had a briliant time.

As a newbie it was my first alcohol free event in 16 odd years. It was great to realise that it is perfectly possible to laugh until your cheekbones hurt without using AL.

A rainy and miserable day with quite a few people unable to make it in the end.

Thanks to Betty Boop for organising it all. I'm sure she will tell you all about it when she gets home tomorrow night.
          Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
          AF 8 June 2012

Comment

how was the brit meet

Hi I made it just as ....I was sooo nerveus but had a great time,so good to meet people from here
            Jacqui xxx
            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

how was the brit meet

Hey Loppy,

That is a great effort. I'm so pleased for you.

This is such a positive message for the rest of us who are a bit "sheepish" about the whole AL free social scene.

Congratulations yet again.

I'm glad you all had a great time.

Cheers

Brett.

Loppy lugs;327870 wrote: I had a briliant time.

As a newbie it was my first alcohol free event in 16 odd years. It was great to realise that it is perfectly possible to laugh until your cheekbones hurt without using AL.

A rainy and miserable day with quite a few people unable to make it in the end.

Thanks to Betty Boop for organising it all. I'm sure she will tell you all about it when she gets home tomorrow night.

Comment

how was the brit meet

Hi Guys, it was lovely, the weather was miserable, but we had fun on the roof garden :H ...............

Same as last year everyone was nervous when they first came in, but soon relaxed ...............

I made everone wear Betty Boop badges (even Jay) .......... I have to say that us recovering alcoholics are a lovely bunch of people, I was a bit suprised that Loppylugs wasn't actually a rabbit though !!! although I have to say that she is just as cute in real life as in her avatar .......... and Jacqui is far more attractive in real life then her avatar shows ........ (and just for Wimpey ........... HER HAIR IS LONG AND RED .......... so it really is you two on your avatar ...........) .......... and as for Teardop ..........WOW ........ I almost didn't recognise her........... since going AF the transformation is amazing ..... it was like meeting a totally different person .......

Little Miss Emma is absolutely adorable, I think that she is 4 and a half going on 44 and a half ............. and yes we laughed till our jaws ached ................ and the best news is that the drinks only came to ?11.00 for all 8 of us ..........

As promised we had a 2 minute silence at 2pm in honour of Bear ....... it was sad but at the same time an honour to be able to share the moment with other MWO members ...........

Just for Tawny I had the prawns and took a picture which I will be posting later ...........

We also had the most gorgeous dessert which was called chocolate and nuts ........... I don't usually eat chocolate but it really was lovely ......

Won't be doing it again though because It triggered a migraine this morning .......... hence us being home early ...............

It was really really lovely meeting everyone and it just goes to show that you don't need AL to have a good time ........

Love & Hugs to everyone ........... BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

how was the brit meet

Sounds very nice. Glad all had a good time. Especially nice that you had the silence for Bear. Too bad about the migraine. You should take topamax for that! LOL

Comment

how was the brit meet

I'm hoping for a northern gathering soon!

R

Comment

how was the brit meet

Great to hear you had a good time guys n dolls. A Northern meet is definitely next on the cards Ukblonde!!

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

how was the brit meet

How awesome!! I want one in NY!

Comment

how was the brit meet

So glad to hear it was successful!!! Wish I could meet you UK'ers!!

Looking forward to the southeast USA meet here in florida!!

This site is so awesome...such wonderful people.

With love,

Beth
                          formerly known as bak310

Comment

how was the brit meet

Im really glad that you guy's had a great time .......... sounds awsome, ha and the bar bill ......... what a result! ............. now Betty, ladies with long red hair, they are my absolute favourite .......... so tell me more! .......... x

W xx

Comment

how was the brit meet

Well ........... Jacqui calls herself nana Jac .......... but you would never ever guess ....... She is young and lovely and has long red curly hair ........ just like your avatar ....

We did giggle about your avatar when Mr B wasn't listening ........

Seriously though, you missed a lovely get together ........

Hope that you can join us next time .........

BB xx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X