can anyone help me undersand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l have been af for 72 days and for the last 3 weeks l knew l would are did never want to go back to were l was,, as the alc ued to make me very sick,,, l was so sure of this,, as for the last 15 years l had a fear of alc,, but some how that went away,, tell a few days ago
    for no reson l will rember the fear and the need to drink,,, was just hoping if anyone can tell me if this will pass,,, is this gos am down as l have been ill with flu and been on meds for the cancer for the last few weeks and my immune system is down.
    so for the long post,,, but please can anyone help:thanks:
    there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

I have never got as far as 72 days as I am moderating but fom reading the posts of others the cravings come and go as they will. You have so much to deal with at the moment that you probably feel that you want to escape it.

There is no escape through alcohol. When the urge is strong I don't drink cos I know I wouldn't stop.

Hope you can be strong and resist. These feelings will lessen. Read some of x texans on long-term abs.

:l
    Enough is enough

Comment

Prayers to you:h
      Is there another way you can turn to for comfort for we all know the rest of the story if that bottle becomes your medicine and I share with your from my heart that I know from yesterday what you will awaken with.
      It is a wolf in sheeps clothings, it may not bring comfort.
      You are already in a battle, why let another enter in and weaken your system?
      Your fight is just a beginning because you have alot to do:h And say:h And I am one that is here to listen:h
      PM me anytime
      K:l
      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

If you have cancer, I'm sure you know that sugar/alcohol are like food for cancer-- the best thing you can give cancer to help it grow. Can you try to think about that to keep your cravings at bay?

I do believe that the cravings will go away if you can resist and eat REALLY well- lots of whole and raw foods, juices, etc.

L-glutamine in high doses (7g of powder dissolved in a glass water) is supposed to be great to get rid of alcohol and sugar cravings. It should be taken between meals or on an empty stomach. It is also very good for your digestive system.

Also, the Kudzu you can get from this website helps many people incredibly (including myself). It naturally reduces the desire to drink.

Best wishes to you.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

thanks for the post,, just hopping this fear will go away
          there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Hi Kaddy,

You are doing so well try and keep strong. Knowing your immune system is down this must be very hard for you... knowing you are coping with the cancer and the fear of drink...Im sure there is someone here thats been through cancer can relate to you and understand.
            Im sure in time this fear will past when your immune system is back up again hang in there.

Take extra care of yourself.:l

Love
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

Kaddy: Do whatever you can to stay away from alcohol. Your body will thank you for it. I'll send up a prayer for you. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

The fear will go away, Fear come from the enemy, its to hold us down. Christ died so we no longer have to live in fear and bondage. When you start feeling that fear that comes over you and seems almost parlizing, rebuke it, claim your victory in Christ, You have already won the battle of sobierty. YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO LIVE IN FEAR OR BONDAGE you ARE SET FREE, now try to claim that and walk it out. It must be hard dealing with being sick with cancer and trying to stay sober. But "WE can do ALL thing through CHRIST who will give you strength.
                I will be praying for you, asking GOD to take away the fear and fill it with hope and victory.
                In all things first give glory to the Lord.
                Mrs. BearJr :armsaround:

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

Comment

Working...
                X