Living Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living Sober

very interesting, and when you say you can't explain your question I think i actually understand it now, as ironic as that might seem.

for the longest time I struggled with the "why can't I drink like the majority of people" question. finally I got my answers to that one, then other questions come to us.

I recently got this link from Lucky and would like to share it as I found it quite interesting:

Bruce Lipton Ph.D.: Mind Over Genes: The New Biology

Also I understand you are not a big fan of Tolle but I'd really urge you to give his book another try. I'm starting to really understand it ( I have the audio book on CD) on my second time listening. he refers to a type of person he calls the "keepers of the frequency" that reminds me of you, and in some ways myself. A person that for whatever reason is very introspective and doesn't fit in with the conventional social scene. These people are often mired in depression and substance abuse early in their lives, then gradually grow out of that and find their calling quite often as healers or artists. They stay out of the foreground but serve a vital role in maintaining a higher state of consciousness in a better world. I don't think I'm doing a very good job of explaining this but hopefully you get the drift.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Living Sober

Hippie, I think that you have made a very positive step going to AA ......

Please stick around here as well though .......

We need your wit and wisdom ........

BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Living Sober

Hippie: I go to Alanon & the occasional AA meeting. Being an introvert & living in my head, makes it very tempting for me to isolate myself. Sobriety is more than not drinking. I really think it's about working through the issues of life unaltered...regardless of how unfamiliar & uncomfortable it feels. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Living Sober

Hippie I so agree I too have after 5 months without al realised I need to do more than sit on my laptop all day and count the days, I chose to do voluntery work for the local pdsa and only been there since last week but have noticed a great change in me, I think it what we should all call.. starting to live again...all the best to you..
          Jacqui xxx
          Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

Living Sober

Hi Hippie,

I agree with Deter. Some people think and feel things differently than the general population. This can be a great gift, when you learn to appreciate it. Unfortunately, not everyone will understand you easily, though.

Take care, and enjoy AA.

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Living Sober

amazing hippie.. keep it up. aa is good too. people have complained about it, but people have to realize that theres going to be annoying and rude people wherever you go, including aa.. and that can t be a reason to get turned off to it.

Comment

Living Sober

[QUOTE=hippie37;328103]
                Anyway I have finally taken steps (excuse the pun) and started going to AA meetings and meeting fellow alcoholics face to face. I have put all my prejudices aside and I have been going to meetings daily for just over a week now. I am finally making a connection with the outside world!! A world I have been too afraid to embrace sober and if I'm honest I have been, again, going through the motions. I've just read a thread by bear today where he uses the elevator analogy and it just so rang true with my own sobriety.

Hippie im please for you ...this site has help me realise going back when i started in october, i needed something else like AA or counselling thanks to wonderworld and star on one of my threads. i go to group sessions i did stop for a while but now realise i need this as well, as the 1to 1sessions, the circle is getting a bit bigger my confident is growing in time. Last week i even come out of my shell and open up for the first time.

Keep with it and all the best.

Love

Teardrop.x
                family is everything to me

Comment

Living Sober

me too

Hippie, I am going to AA also, I find it warm and cool to meet w/ people face to face who are struggling w/ what we do here................real hugs too, can't beat that! I am working w/ a sponsor on step 4, she thinks that will help me get over relapsing, as I feel like the QUEEN of relapses, have picked up about 50 white chips (when you surrender here in the US, you pick up one...........) Don't know if it is the same where you are..................

Stick w/ whatever works for you and PLEASE keep us posted as to how you are doing, as you are MUCH LOVED at this site, by me for one!!

Hugs,:l:l

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                  X