West Palm Beach meet up!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK tentatively scheduled for the last week in June. June 26th or 27th, through June 29th or 30th. I think there is about 15 of us interested...the more the merrier!!!

Let us know if you want to come!!! Oh, and by the way, anybody flying...fleights are cheep this time of year, and if you fly into PBI (Palm Beach International) I will pick you up!!!

Let me know if you are on for a great time!!!!

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Isn't this asking for trouble. All I can think of is a trip to Palm Beach to sit on the beach and drink myself into a nice relaxing buzz. Honestly, I would come but it's my youngest bday weekend so i am obviously not allowed to leave the state.

Have fun. Drink lots of water and get plenty of sun!!!

Comment

Are newbies welcome, or is this for established MWO members? (Although by the end of June, I won't be such a newbie)!

Comment

Hey!!

This is for all!!!

And, my assumption is, we will not drink, or those that want to moderate, can!!

I live near the beach, and struggle with drinking, but NEVER have seen the beach as a reason to drink...I guess many do...but...

I am just opening a get together up. Other than being in Florida, and therefore near the beach, I see it as just a good spot to meet (OK and it is near where I live).

Hope we can get a group together. I think we have almost 15 interested that I am aware of!!

and of course newbies are welcome...are you kidding??? Newbies are the best!!!
        Love,

Beth
        formerly known as bak310

Comment

west Palm

I will try to make it, the gas crisis is a problem, as I am traveling to ORlando AND another beach here, but looking for a carpool buddie.................just keep us posted!

YEAH,fun!!!:thumbs::yay::wd::happy:

love,:l:h

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I am looking into flights and a nice disguise.

Comment

I will get started on a flight search and possible scheduling. Am going to be gone for a long week end the week-end before, so.... I will check

Hugs, :l Best
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Oh, by the way, 42 days AF today! 6 weeks! Wowza! :crazymonkey:
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Booked the room, now looking for a flight. I'm now 7 days AF! And will be AF (not even thinking about moding) for this because I've ruined enough good things with AL and not doing it again!! Thanks for scheduling this, Lucy! It's great to have something positive in my life to look forward to. (Was that too many exclamation marks? I'm getting kind of excited.)

Comment

I think if this is going to be a whole weekend event everyone will need to remember that everyone may want to do different things.(including af or mod)
                    The hotel that Lucy has picked out seems to be very centrally located in West palm Beach. There is alot to do in this area, but it may not all be in walking distance for the hotel. City place has some very nice restaurants and shops. I personally like outdoor activities like the beach and BBQ's. There are bars and clubs on Clematis street, a Movico and Comedy Club. Of course, your visit to West Palm Beach wouldn't be complete without a stop on Palm Beach, a walk down Worth Ave or a drive along A1A to see the mansions. if anyone wants more info on this area feel free to contact me. Lucy, I'll be in touch. Some of you who are close rmay just want to come for Sat while those flying or driving longer distances may need a room. Whatever, you choose I think it will be a great time.

Comment

Can I get the name of the hotel? Can't seem to find it in this thread. I am sure it is staring right at me.

Comment

other thread

It is on the other thread, I think it begins w/ a B................go to the first meet thread..............

Can't wait to meet ya Croft!!!!!!

MA:l:l

Comment

hotel Biba

That is the name..............

Comment

Hi again guys!!

Getting more and more excited. Just got home and checked the thread. What I will do now is look into things going on that weekend...what is at the comedy club for example. Knowing me I will want to do it all but certainly no pressure on anyone...we can all do what we want. Anything that does need a car, I think there will be more of us with cars than without so I imagine it should be fine.

My thought is maybe to plan dinner Friday night, and look into the comedy club for sat. night?...and maybe beach on saturday...just thinking out loud. I am so excited to meet you guys.

Love,

Beth

Oh Croft it is hotel biba..and I think the link is Hotel Biba - west palm beach hotel florida
                            formerly known as bak310

Comment

I just checked out the comedy club. They have a guy named Christopher Titus for a special engagement. The link is Untitled Document He sounds really funny!! The cost is 26.63 a person and there is a 2 drink minimun (does NOT have to contain alcohol). As soon as you know if you are coming and if you want to go to the show, let me know. There is assigned seating for this one, based on when you reserve, so I will call with all the reservations so we are sure to sit together.

They actually have good food at the comedy club too.

Well, guess that is it for now!!

Beth
                              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                              X