i want out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i want out!!!

could someone tell me how to delete my account? i have been very offended by some jokes in chat and i do not want to stay in a site where people discriminate against people with disabilities. i thought you all were caring individuals but i guess you are just prejudiced hypocrites

i would like to know how to leave and i won't bother you anymore.

with much sorrow and tears,
    lizzie
    peace and love,
    lizzie:h:h

i want out!!!

Hi Lizzie,

I don't know how you can delete your account.

I am not a prejudiced hypocrite, nor do I discriminate.

I'm sorry you were offended.

magic xx
    ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
    I am in the next seat.
    My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

i want out!!!

Please dont judge us all in that way...Talk to us...sending you a hug
      Jacqui xxx
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

i want out!!!

ok i am sorry i don't mean to judge you all. i cannot stop crying. i know there are many caring people here.
        peace and love,
        lizzie:h:h

Comment

i want out!!!

Gosh, I have no idea what happened. I wish you would share. You seem like a very kind, caring person and would hate to see you leave.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

i want out!!!

Lizzie going AF can be and is a very emotional time,please remember we have all been there. I dont know what happened in chat but im sure no one meant to hurt you...xxx
            Jacqui xxx
            Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

i want out!!!

Lizzie,
              You have to remember to take what you need from this site and leave the rest behind. If you truly want to delete your account you need to contact RJ via a PM. I encourage you to stay. That are a lot of good, kind, caring people here. There are THOUSANDS of members, we will NEVER all feel the same or like one another. I am sorry you were offended.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

i want out!!!

Lizzie is offended by something I said, which was in no way intended to offend anyone..we were all joking around..her included. However, if this is how she feels, so be it.
                I have nothing to apologize for...and everyone else in chat knows that as well.
                AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

i want out!!!

Hey Lizzie,

Let what ever happened in chat stay in chat, let it go.

The world is full of uncaring, unkind people as well as people with different ideas of humor.

Becoming sober means we have to learn ways of coping with stuff, sweets. It's really hard at the beginning, I know.

Unless the people you were chating with were good friends, until now, remember that this site has thousands of members and you get to pick and choose who you want to befriend.

Just like the real world.

The people that I know here are good, kind, generous and loving. They wouldn't hurt a fly.

And I love them.

magic xxxx
                  ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
                  I am in the next seat.
                  My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

i want out!!!

Lizzie, I don't know what happened, but I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. My experience in the year I've been here has been that most people are extremely kind, compassionate and non-judgmental. I was very fragile when I first came here and I'm sure if someone offended me I'd feel like you do, but I hope you will give the rest of us a chance. There are always some rotten apples, but the rest of us will try to make up for it.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

i want out!!!

Lizzie, i was in chat the same time, no one meant to harm anyone and did not mean anything personal....don't make any harsh judgments right away....i responded to your PM so feel free to send me back, hang in there, you sound like you are having a rough time....

Comment

i want out!!!

p.s., I was posting at same time as Fallen Angel-- sorry FallenAngel, I did not mean to call you a rotten apple, I'm sure you are not, and as I said, I have no knowledge of what went on, but if you say you were joking and didn't mean offense, I'm sure that's true.

Anyway, that's not the point, the point is that Lizzie FEELS offended, and even if it is not based on purposely unkind intentions, she still feels bad and we want to reassure her that this is a non-judgemental and caring place to be. That's all.
                        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

i want out!!!

Lizzie,
                          Haven't a clue what happened, but what I have read reminds me of an early AA experience that I had. There was one guy in my home group that would drive me crazy. I couldn't stand to listen to him talk, every time he would open his mouth I wanted to walk out of the room. I am sure that you can get lots of support and help on this site if you hang around. I am also sure that you can hang around without dealing with Fallen. Do what is best for you, but don't cut your nose off to spite your face. -M
                          In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.(Albert Camus)

Splee! (Waffle)

Comment

i want out!!!

Hi Lizzie,

So sorry to hear that you are so upset. I have no idea what brought this on. I agree with Magic, please take into consideration that this is a very emotional time for many people here. it is sometimes so easy to take offense and think that remarks or comments are of a personal nature, when they are not. Many times, in posting and in chat, we are unaware of some of the background information and history of different situations and people.

Lizzie, we try to be kind, we really try to be supportive. But as I mentioned to you on another occasion, be careful not to believe that anything is directed towards you in a judgmental fashion. Take from here what you can use to help you and yes, leave the rest behind. Not all people are the same, we are at different points in our sobriety and yes, sometimes still drinking. Have you thought that perhaps it would help if you gave others the same benefit of the doubt, which you yourself are asking for?

I hope you stay......maybe just take a little break and reconsider. If you really want to deleat your membership, you can pm, RJ.

I Truly Wish You Well,
                            xxx Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

i want out!!!

well, its a delicate subject when people get hurt easily. i say just not go to chat if you feel its unpleasant. only so much sympathy can be given and i can't see how anyone has harmed you Lizzie. I say there is a much deeper problem, i was concerned awhile back and probably should just keep my mouth shut right now, but its too late. Get off your chest wot you think is bugging you, now how nice is that. Your turn. Go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X