Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE BROWN BOTTLE

Thanks Hippie,
    I enjoyed reading that too. Sad, but true, how the bottle draws us in!
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

THE BROWN BOTTLE

Wow Hippie. I read this and loved it. Saw your post with the "bump." Then I looked at the original post date. I never saw this the first time around. That's because I was in the midst of my last drunken Hoo Rah when you posted this.

I'm so glad I crawled out of the bottle. Thank you as always for sharing.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

THE BROWN BOTTLE

Thank you Phil. This first appeared before I found MWO, and still lived in my bottle. Mine sent me out occasionally on missions of destruction to my life, but I always went back. I sometimes wonder who's living there now.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

THE BROWN BOTTLE

Hippie, this is the most awesome story and truth that I ever read! I'm not sure if I'm in or out of that brown bottle. I think I am a dry drunk. I can't seem to get free! But I want to get out so bad and I know the promise is true. I am so happy for you to be living in it! Love you, Vicki
          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

THE BROWN BOTTLE

I do feel like that little caterpillar. I feel so much like that I almost cried a little seeing myself in that story. Just not so long ago I had dreams of finishing school and going out into the world and making a difference. Lately I've just felt like a nothing, a nobody. But with this last event that scared the crap out of me and hopefully awakened me once and for all, I'm slowly starting to feel like that promise can still come. Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

THE BROWN BOTTLE

Everyone who has come here has wings. Let's use them now.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
              X