Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Thought - Tuesday

Today's thought is:

It is a cheap generosity which promises the future in compensation/or the present.
    --J. A. Spender

Living in this moment is all we really have. We are constantly bombarded with advice to live for the future, but it perpetually exists beyond our grasp like the carrot tempting the donkey. We are told to be mindful of our career paths, to save for the future, and to sacrifice now for later rewards. We put off spending time with our children, but later they are no longer the same children. We postpone seeing friends now and discover later we have lost our relationships.

Of course, we can't be foolish about our future. We need to make some plans and delay some immediate pleasures. But for now, we can only have a rapport with ourselves and others and experience life in this moment. The present is the only time when anything can happen, any change can occur. This moment is like a fresh, cool breeze. The rest exists only in our imaginations or memories.

May I feel the exhilaration of being alive in this moment and maintain a balance in my perspective today.
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

I am trying to live each day /moment to be "here now" with me,It is making me feel so much more content happy and relaxed with my life.
    Thank you for that thought.

Eastx
    In life we can live out our dreams its true
    the one who decides,takes chances,makes choices is YOU.

Comment

I've started to adopt that philosphy in the past year. I was tired of waiting; always waiting. Nothing was ever going to get better until I changed it myself. It was time to start making myself happy. Every moment we breathe is precious; and I plan to savour it. I don't want to miss a thing of my life, or my daughters. Great thought Noelle.

Comment

Today's thought could not be more poignant for me as I am struggling with this concept of accepting things as they are and living in the moment. I'm either looking too far ahead or more often than not I'm looking into the past.

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

great!

Great message! I, too am trying so hard to learn to live in TODAY, the MOMENT, the NOW.........it is difficult to learn, but so rewarding to live that way. Thanks for the message Noelle, love it!:thanks:

MA:l:h
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

well, its a matter of time i will only have a bag of carrots and thats it. at least i can munch to health will i cry. :H

Comment

Working...
            X