Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any OBGYN experts out there? Squamous cells!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry fellas! Us gals need our own place to discuss such things. Just feeling somewhat anxious. Had a squamous cell pap 8 mos. ago. Nurse called and told me I had "inflamed tissue" results on my pap and to come have the test repeated in 6 mos. I didn't think it was anything major so it has been 8+ mos. by the time I got in (last week). The Dr. comes in and tells me that the results were squamous cells of undetermined origin. 8 mos. later! I'm like - :duhme:

I started to do on-line research and now I am like :egad: My mom took DES, I have had nearly everything you can have as a side effect of being a DES fetus, including precancerous cervical dysplasia in 1983. I had a complete hysterectomy in 1993. Since then all has been well.

Tomorrow will be 1 week since the appt. They said it will take 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for the results.

Anyone have anything encouraging to tell me. I guess if they weren't worried enough to tell me 8 mos. ago, it must not be that bad. Not asking for sympathy here, just a little anxious and in the dark. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Best
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

I guess I don't have any words of wisdom. i would be a little ticked that they didn't tell you this 8 months ago, but that wouldn't help would it? (being ticked that is)

So, did they do another pap or a biopsy? I've had numerous "scares" but never anything serious. I know there are procedures to "freeze" these cells.

If it were me, I would research some more, and try not to worry until the results get back. In the meantime, I will place you in my prayers!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Thanks! LVT,

Yes, they repeated the pap one week ago tomorrow. So, it will probably be mon. or next week before I know anything. Damn, I hate waiting! Deep breath! It'll be fine!
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Hi Best, Don't have any knowledge to share, but just wanted to say that i'm thinking about you .........

Keep us posted .......

BB xx:l:h:l
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Don't worry BEST! wot ever it is they can burn it away..somehow..someway. It can be fixed. You will be okay as this is minor, i can see right now, this to be a curable simple thingie that sounds scary and IS NOT..i know. :H

Comment

Thanks Rip! Whew! You know I am thinking, I just start getting my crap together... Sorry, but you know how we always seem to go to the worst possible scenerio. At least I do. Anyway, I'm not going to go there.

Comment

it is scary no doubt and could be serious...but no thoughts unless different right now. nowadays, anything can be fixed. its minor, if not, we will deal with it when we find out. :h

i am crazy right now, could be in tears tonite!

Comment

Or they could remove it, right? Well, hub may not like that! :no:

Comment

Best -- It's all good ... you are on top of the matter and there are procedures that prevent complications. Keep in kind that you must get a pap every 6 months religiously!
                  Tiny

Comment

Best, I know the fears you are having right now but honestly the doctor would not have let it go for 6+ months if it were something real serious. They are very vigilant about those kind of things. You will be fine, I just know it.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I think if they were really concerned they would have done a biopsy. Try not to worry!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Best, I am not trying to cause fear and concern....PLEASE note that, but NO ONE here is a physician, seek care and follow the ropes honey!!!! It could mean ABSOLUTELY NILT...........but the worry is there...BETTER to be SAFE than SORRY, right????? Results can be overlooked, etc....PHYSICIANS, although they may hate this, THEY ARE HUMANS , just like me and you. Educated, YES, but HUMAN!!!! You take care of YOU!!!! I work in healthcare is why I say this, you do not need to freak, but take care of yourself nonetheless..................
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Good News! Dr. called the lab because they new I was anxious about results. All cells are normal, now. Just have to follow up every 6 mos. from now on. Whew!!! Thank God!

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!!
                            Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Great news Best! Things are looking more on the upside each, and, every day!

Comment

Working...
                              X