Today just sucks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today just sucks!!!

So I have to vent! Aside from all the other crap in my life, I had left my previous job in March, being very optomistic that I had finished school and would quickily find another job. Well it's mid May and almost nothing. It is very hard to find anything in my field (don't know why) and I had three interviews and today found out I was just turned down for the last 2. (so all three denied) I have NEVER interviewed for a job and not been hired. I do not get it. Maybe I am just bad at this kind of interview.
    I also had to post pone going to Lenair. Since I posted about the letter I wrote my Dh That things were my fault and I was going for treatment, he said he would e-mail me but has been slammed at work. So I have heard nothing. I would need help with the kids and possibly money if I do not get a job soon, so I could not hold the appt any longer.
    I guess that is part of my problem with our relationship. It is good that he is focussed (sp) on work but on the other hand he has no time/energy for family or the wife that has been screaming for attention/help for years now! He has so much trouble with me my drinking etc., but he can't take a few minutes to talk or write a note unless he is goin to confront me about something. He used to always say he hated confrontaion, yet he always calls me out on crap but take a few minutes to actually work on the problems once they are brought up? Forget it. I am not him so I can not relate to how is is so single minded, when something big is happening in my life or I am busy...the rest of my life still exists and I have to deal with it. Or not I guess thus the drinking!
    Anyway all done I guess. i am just pissy
    But good news, i may have postponed Lenair (iknow big no no ) but I did orderTopa from river pharm and will start the program fresh! If nothing else, the Topa kept me in lineand will until I can go.
    Thanks for listening (reading)
    TM
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Today just sucks!!!

Hi TM: sorry that your day is sucking.:l Just on the job-hunting thing --- I can SO relate. I have job-hunted several times over the past five years. My field is very tough, but it's so horribly frustrating. I can't tell you how many time I have been turned down. Often, they don't even send a note or letter, even after an interview!!!! I've heard this is not uncommon. I had 3 interviews for jobs I had a good shot at, and all 3 went to 23-year-olds. I wanted to cry. Sick, sick, sick. Hey, one thing that might help a little is the message board at Monster.com. Like this board, you find all sorts of people in the same boat -- and there are some experts on there, HR people ,etc., who will jump on and answer questions and give support. hang in there!!
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

Hi TM - That does suck. I am looking for work as well..and being in a small community the jobs are scarce, and the idea of travelling every day for 3 hours is not very appealing, especially with the price of gas. I can relate the husband issue, all to well. And since this is an open forum, that's as much as I will comment on that one. Like Dex said - Hang in there!!

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

can relate too

I am sorry, but I can relate totally also, DH is a buthead in our household....................

Good luck, hope things get better.

love :hand hugs:l being sent your way!!

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

HI TM

I read your posts with interest always. I am not prone to give this kind of advice - but I feel lead to do so with you ... Are you in an area that you could go to a Landmark Forum weekend? They are held in most every major city in the US. You can look them up under Landmark Education. I really really really think this would change your life.

Love to you TM

Liv
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

TM,
            That is a tough day. I can see why you are so upset, all of us would be. Maybe the right job is around the corner and these just weren't for you. Try to stay positive.
            I hope this all works out for you..
            from, another twinsmom
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

Well dont feel bad try looking for a job with a FELONY got a felonY child abuse charge with my seventeen year old son.. we were arguing about his drug use and he came after me and I feel on him and ACCIDENTALY burnt him with my cigarette and he turned me in... did thiry five days in jail got a fine and am doing a NINE month program, have a probation officer babysitt me ( she just appears at my house when ever she wants ) not to mention have to pay thirty dollars a month for that and this goes on for 36 months.................... but hey im SOBER today and thats all that matters right?

I must remind myself on a daily basis and sometimes a minute to minute basis there is nothing I can do about the past but I do have a choice in if I want to stay sober today... and that is a huge YES

Hang in there somthing good is around the corner

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

Wow Karbihere that sucks worse than mine. Hope things go better. But you said you are sober so that at least hopefully helps you cope.
                Thanks to all today looked better, I have applied for some more jobs, wish me luck! (oh you did duh LOL)
                Liv what is a landmark forum weekend?
                One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Today just sucks!!!

Oops just looked at your post again. I found it checking it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X