joined MWO May 2008...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joined MWO May 2008...

we all started out together and are heading in the same direction ... travelling alone is not nearly as much fun as with friends ... lets share this bumpy ride and keep each other going !!

joined MWO May 2008...

Thanks for starting the thread Cedar -- I'm in ... my AM posts will always be brief because I am always running late for work (something I want to work on) I watched American Idol last night and drank wine... nothing too excessove but enought to make me feel it today... more later! Hi to those that follow!
    Tiny

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

Hi, Cedar. You're right, it's much more fun to travel a bumpy road with friends. It's going to take me some time to realize I don't have to do it alone anymore . . . Thank you. Any maybe it is because I thought I had to do it alone that I have traveled in circles until now rather than on a straight course. All the great people here and the new perspective is my compass.

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

Cedar,

I just re-read your initial posts -- I can totally relate -- the wine, going to meetings buzzed, the wine that you pick up at the store after work, the wine... do you think you'd be ready to try for 30 days? Maisie are you up for it?

We have along weekend coming up here in the states -- I start to work with a new trainer on Tuesday (I am 40 and recently have discovered that I am no longer a size 6!) I can be ready to start on Tuesday and plan to moderate over the long weekend -- I am seeing old friends and know that we have wine. My plan is to moderate and go AF on Tuesday. Oh my -- I have a plan!!! This is big!!!!
        Tiny

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

hi Maisie and Tiny ! i am glad we are all here together. Last night was really really hard, I stood infront of the wine and swear i was drooling - but i thankfully said to my stubborn self "self... drink that and you will probably end up having wine for breakfast as well" and I went and bought more green tea instead. I have been trying to think completely opposite...instead of putting shit into my system put something completely healthy. Tiny i am 42 and having been a skinny active teenager/20odd year old I too find I have a wobbly bits everwhere ! I sure feel LOADS less bloated from these few days of no wine. I have not had a plan either since being here, BUT yes to a 30 day for sure. From there... who knows that conquest is in itself enough to keep my mind focused. I would hope that someday I can moderate, I am not sure if that day will happen. So much for our bumpy journey - it may end up taking us up Everest, glad Maisie has a compass !!

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

I'm glad you started this thread Cedar Hi Maisie and Tiny ...

I only joined last Sat and have mostly been lurking and reading posts. I am getting my head into the space of trying the 30 AF. At this point in my life I am not even sure if I will manage it, but I need to give it a serious try so I know that there is hope for me!

As for moderating in the future, again, I think I have such an addictive personality, that it may prove in time that this is not a feasible option for me.

Feeling very conscious of the fact that I have disguised this growing problem for so long and have pretty much been denying it to myself for a long time. It has been like an ugly cloud of doom and gloom with a bad smell, hanging around and sucking me in the minute it feels my resolve weaken.

Tiny, I need to attempt it this week whilst I am off work for a week. It has been a bad week at work (again!) and I know I will do my regular Fri night bottle of wine in a bit ... I may be ready for the Tues ... I will start getting my head into the right frame of mind.

J x
            sigpic

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

Feeling very conscious of the fact that I have disguised this growing problem for so long and have pretty much been denying it to myself for a long time. It has been like an ugly cloud of doom and gloom with a bad smell, hanging around and sucking me in the minute it feels my resolve weaken.
              snap to that !

very glad its sunday today... although we have a power cut all day due to our wobbly national power problem, so no computer for me today. A good thing since I spend my working days infront of it !

It's going to be a fabulous day and am going to head outside, go for a good walk with my liitle girl and then have a social this afternoon. My thoughts are preparing myself as there will be AL flowing, I am feeling strong AND if I get throught today its 14 days AF. 3 weeks ago I NEVER imagined getting through 2 weeks AF... will let you know !

love cedar
              x

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

Hello all, just checking in.
                Well done Cedar and Maisie.

Tiny are you starting tomorrow? I am on Day 2 AF and want to keep on from here to get to 30 AF. Dreading day 4/5 when I usually end up opening a bottle. Not this time I hope! I have downloaded the book, so will begin with that first. I ordered the CD'S but want to start in earnest. I hope they arrive soon as I am going to need all the help I can get - 30 days seems like an impossible dream, but I draw strength from the many people who are achieving what they thought was impossible. :l

J x
                sigpic

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

hi jajoly, 2 weeks ago - ONE day AF seemed like an impossible dream, after 3-4 days a WEEK seemed possible, then 2 weeks... - i never set out with a goal i have really just refocused each day and have got to 14. I swear it is getting easier, my thoughts STILL go there and when shopping I still hover at the wine isle...BUT i think now i can focus on getting to 30 days AF. Yesterday was close to me saying "yes please" to a glass of wine but i settled with an explination of heading towards a detox and starting with no alcohol. Thankfully that impressed and no one offered again and i drank sparkling apple juice - was so nice being able to share my drink with my toddler - normally I'm saying no..."that's mom's (toxic) drink !! I think I am going to re-read the book, anything to keep positive ...
                  chat to you all later
                  love cedar
                  x

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

Hi, cedar, tiny, maisie, & jajoly!

I just joined recently and I have also been lurking and learning. I'm on my 3rd day AF, and I'd love to jump in on doing 30. I have the book, and I'm waiting on a shipment from River Pharmacy. I've also been upping my vitamins and trying to figure out which supplements would work best.

Hello to each of you, and I hope everyone is well.

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

hi notthirsty - glad you found this thread - and to your 3rd say AF... its so exciting. not got much time now - so this is a quick hello !
                      love cedar

Comment

joined MWO May 2008...

end of the week - and weekend appraoches - have very good friends who i have not seen in ages arriving this evening - who know me as always saying "lets open another bottle of wine" so going to be interesting ... and i have got to day 18 AF. will be posting a i'm on day 19 AF tomorrow... all going according to plan !

Comment

Working...
                        X