OMG- did you see Oprah today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about a sobering show!!! Story of a drunk driver hitting a family head on while on the parkway (was going the wrong way)...

Family was in a limo coming home from a wedding, in which the two children were flower girls...

One child (and the driver) died- and I am going to be graphic here...

The mother of the child got out of the limo with her 7 year old daughter's severed head in her hands....

Please....we all have to remember not to drink and drive. I have in the past on more than one occasion....but seeing this horrific story really brings home what this awful disease can do behind the wheel of a car....

Sorry to be such a downer at the beginning of a holiday weekend, but I imagine it wasn't an accident that Oprah aired this show today either....

Please enjoy your weekend responsibly!!!!

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

That was quite graphic Beth, Thanks!!

severed heads or not though the conclusion will normally be the same in these situations where a death will usually occur. It's always sad though to see young kids with their whole lives ahead of them having it taken all away in an instant.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

About 10 years ago, my husband had a good friend and mentor whose son was an alcoholic. He had been in jail and rehab multiple times.

One night, he caused an accident due to drinking that killed a small child.

He spent many years in prison and when he got out, stayed sober, became educated, got a good job, got married and had small children of his own.

He told me once that everyday when he looks at his children, he feels such overwhelming sadness, guilt and regret for the small life he took. He said that those feelings will follow him his entire life.

I pray that none of us have to experience that kind of pain. To be the cause of someone's death.

It does drive home the point that, yes, we are alcoholics and it may or may not be our fault, but we are definitely responsible for our actions when we do drink.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wow, what and eye opener. Thanks for bringing this up this weekend.

Happy, safe, AF weekend everyone!

Hugs to all, Bambi
        "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Beth, Yes, I saw this and yes, it was very graphic. I am glad that Oprah did not sugar coat this issue, nor this particular tragedy. We can all learn from this. Never drink and drive ourselves, nor allow anyone else to do so. I do not think that we can hear this enough!

The issue of drunk driving recently hit our MWO family when our dear friend Bear was killed by a drunk driver at 7:40 PM in the evening. The woman was so out of it and so intent that she backed up over Bear in order to escape, then she hit a witness, a woman in her 50's, trying to help. The drunk driver took off again only to hit a car filled with a family.
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

SAD SAD...but, could have been me MANY times in the year 2006! And as Mama Bear said today, could have been Bear in his drunk days too.......it is so sad! PLEASE if you drink, dont drive...most states have no tolerance, so after one drink...you are legally drunk. Just call a cab, a friend, your Mom, Dad....embarassment of being drunk is nothing compaired to the grief, and distraught we could feel in killing someone OR OR even yourself. How would your family feel????? I lost someone to drinking and driving...only hurt himself and we have forever been changed.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

OMG the grief and hurt for all of us. But do want to echo positive Bear Hugs. I've been on the boards for a while and Bear was such a great influence. Like a heart beat -- boom boom boom! We love you Bear!

Comment

Working...
              X