Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody noticed this Mem. Day, thiers no one on the road !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's weird,
    Friday afternoon going down RT. 50 ( DC, MD area) did'nt have much traffic ! I've lived in this area for years and never have I seen the lack of traffic on Memorial Day weekend ! Even running around my area, there's no one on the roads ! Bad, Bad.......This country has to do something about our energy problem ! IAD !
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

IAD, I defied the gas crunch and drove to NY this weekend. Luckily, the traffic I did see was going in the opposite direction from me. You are right, though, in general, there was a lot less traffic than usual, and if you were down on 50 without much traffic, that must have been amazing! I wonder what it was like on the Eastern Shore??
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

YoungAtHeart,
      I can remember on the 6:00 News every Friday ( Memorial Day Weekend ) for years the old toll both report at the Bay Bridge. 2 miles, 3 miles etc. back ups ! Nothing on the 6:00 news today ! Something has to be done ! LOL ! IAD !
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Holy moly Tony........that's almost hard to believe.....no traffic??????????? Especially on the Bay Bridge?????? Good, I hope people stop driving and let the oil people lose some money for a change!

Do you remember when the Bay Bridge was only one bridge? LOL Can you even imagine that now?
        Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

I noticed...I was on a short highway trip w/my daughter & didn't see any kind of heavy traffic. The almost $4 per gal. price tag has people concerned. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Noelle,
            Oh yes, on the way home from Ocean City on a Sunday.......snails pace ! But we were young and always waited for the last min. before leaving Ocean City....ended up ( sorry to say ! ) making it a drinking party on our way home ! I can remmeber going from car to car sharing beers..It was a party by itself.....Little did we know that it would be the begining of a nightmare for us later in life ! IAD !
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

I remember being at a total stop on the bridge and getting out, looking over the side to the Bay. ACK! Would never do that now...... And how's about the BBQ chicken on Rt. 50? Yummmmmm!
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

The bridge is a lot quiker to cross these days. IAD.
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

I drove from New Jersey into Delaware yesterday and there was very little traffic on either the Del. Mem. Bridge or I95. I was especially surprised coming home because normally I95 in Del. is like a parking lot around Rte. 1.

Comment

Shit no one can afford to go anywhere anymore. AND I think the fear that the prices continues to rise is making people more conservative. I am making a 1000 mile trip next month......gas will cost more than hotels, food, and activities along the way at this rate.
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Brittzak,
                      Take the train......I'ld say plane, but they're getting rediculous with charges of $15 per bag.......plus who knows if your flight will even take off on time ! IAD !
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Ok, Los Angeles has one of the worst traffic in the country. I know we're in the top 3. For the first time ever I have seen fellow nurses car pool and take public transit. LA is NOT NY or Chicago with decent subways. Ours are new, pathetic, only cover certain areas............( you don't think anyone from Beverly Hills would want a train coming through their neighborhood, do you? )and are a pain to get to. But its being done. Gas over here is just over $4 a gallon. I haven't seen traffic like this ( or the lack of it, I should say ) in 20 years, it has been that dramatic.

Comment

Working...
                        X