Partners kept in the dark...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may sound silly but I must ask the question.

Many people say that they hide their bottles of wine etc around the house or that they drink from a secret stash. What I am curious is how do you hide from members of the household, how is it that you dont seem drunk to them, or they dont smell it on your breath. My other half can tell a mile away if I have had a few by my look, speech and smell. So how is it that other people are capable of hiding it?
    Good job!:goodjob:

You might be surprised how many people say that when they start out here first. The reality seems to be that they are only hiding it from themselves and others do know or at least suspect. In my case I didnt hide my drinking as such and most people who knew me probably thought I enjoyed being the pisshead that I was - I dont think they would have guessed of the inner turmoil, distress and disgust it caused me.
    BH

Comment

I think people view me in the same way. Now that I have cut down dramatically and leading a normal functioning, cook dinner sort of life I struggle with past memories and embarrassing moments!!!
      Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

Working...
      X