He is out of here and I am OK !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woke up to an Email from my son saying that he is backing out on our Tuesday meeting.I had lined up Medical help for his Bipolar and was hoping that he was ready to leave the Cult.I think that his Guru got wind of the meeting and called it to a halt.What ever happened I feel guilty that i am not devastated.I can actually accept this as it is.When he was first obducted 10 yrs. ago I was frantic.Soberity has changed my outlook and I am relieved that I do not have to put myself thru that trama.It seems the Guru always wins.Am I some kind of a MONSTER to feel this way????? EVIE
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Everyone has choices to make. I don't know how old your son is... but I assume he's old enough to make his own choices. I don't think you are a monster. There are boundaries... and limits. Just protect your checkbook and make sure you eliminate him from your will and put your money in a trust... I've seen these Guru types before and they are after the money first and idol worshiping.
    Good luck... and try to stay cheerful!!! This is not your fault...
    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Evie... you cannot live another's life for them. You know that. You love, care, and try. That is the best you can do. My mother looked at me one day (I was leaving the nest) and said " I have raised you the best I can and hope it is enough. You are on your own now." It was in a kind loving way.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Evie, he is a grown adult and makes his own choices. You can't do anything for him unless he wants the help.

I agree with Capt. Protect your finances.

Focus on your sobriety and getting your life going.

Comment

I already took him out of my will and he knows it.I thought for awhile that he might kill me when he was in one of his panic mods.The Guru that has him has over 35 million dollar law suites againist him.I feel like a fool to keep hoping he will leave them and then jumping when he asks for help.I hope that i have the strenght not to do it again.IT HURTS!!!!!!! EVIE
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I third captbean and finances. It is a complicated deal as I have recently discovered.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
            X